More Data

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lopow
New Poster

More Data

When I initially was sold on Hughes net the tech who installed and setup my account told me and my Girlfriend that in 4 months of signing up to Hughes net the Next Gen was going to increase my data from 10 GB to 20 GB peak time and 60 GB off time. He also told me my speed will be increased. All this was told to me before I bought the package. At present I have seen no difference in anymore GB or speed. Was this a tactic to get customers to buy your product but then not deliver on agreement? At present I believe my system is running Gen 3 since Gen 4 is greyed out. Do you have to upgrade and pay more for the upgrade. If that is the case then my contract is void since I was lied to by your employee. I would like to hear back from your company about this matter and I really don't want to hear how sorry you are and the tech was wrong but there is nothing you can do. At the very least if this isn't your policy then the tech should be fired for lying just to get a quota or bonus.

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Lopow wrote:

When I initially was sold on Hughes net the tech who installed and setup my account told me and my Girlfriend that in 4 months of signing up to Hughes net the Next Gen was going to increase my data from 10 GB to 20 GB peak time and 60 GB off time. He also told me my speed will be increased. All this was told to me before I bought the package. At present I have seen no difference in anymore GB or speed. Was this a tactic to get customers to buy your product but then not deliver on agreement? At present I believe my system is running Gen 3 since Gen 4 is greyed out. Do you have to upgrade and pay more for the upgrade. If that is the case then my contract is void since I was lied to by your employee. I would like to hear back from your company about this matter and I really don't want to hear how sorry you are and the tech was wrong but there is nothing you can do. At the very least if this isn't your policy then the tech should be fired for lying just to get a quota or bonus.

Not that I'm in any way trying to dispute what the tech may or may not have told you, but it's the sales person who sold you the service which you agreed to, not the tech.  The tech is only there to install your service, and if they told you something that may be different to the plan you already agreed to during the sales call, then the tech was simply incorrect.  The tech wasn't using any tactic to get you as a customer as they didn't sell you the service.  The sales person did.  The tech was only there to install the service that you had already agreed to and signed up for.  

No plans have their Anytime Data automatically increase after a time and there are no plans that have Bonus Bytes data amounts of 60GB.  All Gen4 plans have 50GB of Bonus Bytes data.

The sales calls are normally saved and can be retrieved for a certain length of time to be listened to by a rep if needs be.  If you feel you were somehow lied to by the sales person during your sales call you can request a review of that call.       

Actually it wasnt a sales rep who sold me the package it was a local tech who we contacted on a Sunday and he came an installed it on the same day we talked to him on the phone. The number we called was a local number and the tech was the one who talked to us person to person. No recordings were made unless he had a recorder on his person. He sold us a router for cash that same day because we didnt have one for $75. And that is when he told us of all the upcoming upgrades which would be increase our speed and data. As far as the data he never told us that we would be limited to 10 GB for peak times, he mislead us that we would be getting 50 GB and nothing was said about a split data at rediculous times. Come on 50 GB from 2am to 8am thats so stupid. If I would have known the limits I would have opted for the other service in the area. That service offers a phone and unlimited data for $99 a month, I will be switching services once my contract runs out.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

An odd situation.  

I'm not sure, but I have a feeling if the tech had the ability to do this he is a reseller of the service, and if this is the case I believe he would be the one responsible for the service and any of the claims he made about said service.  

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Yea, that's the problem with going to a reseller instead of calling HughesNet sales directly where calls are recorded. Not all resellers are as reputable as one like El Dorado Networks.

No excuse for it but a case where some research would have helped a lot.