More Slow 5 Gen download speeds

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daryl
Freshman

More Slow 5 Gen download speeds

My upload speeds are consistently higher than download speeds. Download speeds are consistently less than 2mbs. Its got to be better than this. Hughes tech support has been useless to this point. I read a post about satellite connection and Beam ID, here's my connection. Can anybody help?

Satellite NameEchoStar-19-NAD
Gateway ID4
Beam ID96
Outroute ID1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Daryl

Can you post a few speed test results?  Normally, it's asked that people perform tests at testmy.net, but recently it's been having difficulties, so the reps are open to tests from other sites, like Hughes' own speed test and Speedtest.net, and others.  In addition to the aforementioned testmy.net, I would stay away from fast.com, as its speed test results can be affected by the Video Data Saver, as well as the test using a lot of data when the Video Data Saver is turned off.  

When you run your speed tests, if you have the abilitiy it would be best to run them with a device that is directly connected to the HughesNet modem with LAN cable rather than via WiFi.  It would also be best to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem while running the speed tests so that nothing else is sapping any bandwidth at the same time.  If you are unaware of how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W, please see section 6 of the following PDF...    http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Documents/1041318-0001_a.pdf

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40