More problems with ZoneAlarm!!!!!!!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linro5
Freshman

More problems with ZoneAlarm!!!!!!!!!!

I had the key for ZoneAlarm working for a few weeks after i downloaded the win 10 version from zonealarm. Worked great till yesterday. Now the key from Hughes for that product does not work anymore on that download. A service tech told me i have to get a download from Hughes for win10 to make their key work. In my first  report i worked with Liz on that problem and reported tha everything works fine. But something changed that ZA does not accept the key anymore.
How long does it take for Hughes to  get a download for Win 10? Please advise
6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Is Zonealarm the only Antivirus you have on your computer?  

When the Zonealarm is shutting down, does Windows defender turn on automatically?  Windows Defender isn't great, but at least it's something in the meantime.  You definitely don't want to go without an active antivirus program running.  

Unfortunately, Liz won't be back until Monday.  

linro5
Freshman

I got soo fed up with Hughes. After 1 hour with messing with service and ending up with nothing I called ZoneAlarm up and asked for the best deal they can give me for 3PC and win 10 version.And low and behold they offered me ZA EXTREME for 3PC one year for $24.95.And guess what? It works perfect on all my win 10 computers. 15 min and all was good. That is what I should done in the first place.
GabeU

That's too bad.  I'm glad, at least, that you are now protected.  A decent price, too, no doubt.  
Liz

Good morning linro5,

Thanks for the update, I'm sorry to hear what happened, I'm not sure why that was, but I'm glad you were able to get protection for your computers. 

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

lighthope1
Senior

Don't use Zonealarm.  Why pay for something when there are free alternatives that work just as well?

I use Comodo Internet Security  www.comodo.com    It's free, it includes both firewall and antivirus, and I've never had anything get through.
GabeU

Some people like the ease of a simple, paid AV.  It's often easier than doing all of the research on different AVs, including the free ones, especially when they may give good points and bad points on things they don't understand.  And when a specific ISP, like Hughesnet, offers a specific AV, using that AV gives the customer peace of mind.   

I, personally, have had enough of the free AVs, with the exception of Malwarebytes.  For me, AVG ate too many system resources, Avast use too much bandwidth, and both Comodo and Avira didn't cut it, with Avira being too much of a pain.  Avast was my favorite, and is often the highest rated free AV, but again, it simply used too much bandwidth.