Hughesnet Community

Most awful experience I have ever had!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pamelajanysek

Most awful experience I have ever had!

Most awful experience I have ever had! First, they recommended a package to me that they claim with be PLENTY of data for what we were doing. We ran out in 5 days.... Then, they give us a better plan with a discount, but the service is still EXTREMELY slow. So slow that I usually turn it off and use my cell phone data as a hotspot. So, now I am paying $125/month for service I am not even using because it is so slow. Then, i call to cancel (after having the service for not even 60 days) and they charge me $390 to cancel the service since i was in a contract! And, they refuse to come get the satellite dish off our roof! One they installed not even 2 months ago! So angry.
12 REPLIES 12
Amanda

Hi Pamela,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. We'd love to help you get your concerns resolved but first I have a couple of questions - what exactly are you trying to do on the internet? Was the internet becoming slow before or after the data allowance for the month was exceeded? Typically, we offer a 30 day trial period and increment our early termination fees as stated in the contract at http://legal.hughesnet.com 

Thanks
Amanda
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Amanda, am I missing where it says anything about 30 days in the new ETF policy? It has been asked before.

http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm
Amanda

Hi

I think we've mentioned (or Katie) before that we passively offer it, though its not written into the website.

Amanda
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Trying to clarify policy as much as possible so please humor me. Is this site the only place a customer can inquire about and receive the 30 day ETF grace period? Can it be done over the phone or are the reps there briefed it is not in the official policy? I ask because I've seen cases where customers said they were told over the phone there was no such 30 day grace period. Sorry if I'm being a pain, just like to know what to say to people if you guys aren't around.
Ricky
Tutor

I don't feel you are being a pain BirdDog. It is a great question that needs to be clarified. All customers need to know up front of the terms such as data resets and the 30 day cancellation terms.
Mordacious

It is a good question, but anyone that does their research (how many would that be?) will find that it does exist by looking at previous posts. I would simply tell them that it is in the hands of our more than capable CSR's in the community.

Would someone lend me a Kleenex to wipe that brown spot from my nose?
Amanda

Never a pain! The customer should be asking about trial periods and such at the point of sale, but if there are any questions regarding the account offers, our support agents do not have the most up to date information - the place they should be asking is the sales department.

Thanks
Amanda
Ricky
Tutor

So the burden is on the customer to ask....Shouldn't this be something that is spelled out to the customer at the point of sale? Or is it easier to just review the sales call, process it and then post back here that it is okay'ed to cancel with no cancellation fee?
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Amanda

Hi Ricky

I wouldn't say spelled out is the best thing, since by technicality it is not offered in our terms. I can say I just called pretending to be a hopeful customer and asked right away if a 30-day trial is offered and the sales rep immediately answered yes without hesitation. Simply put, we don't make the rules but like Charles says.. we're pretty lenient along the way and high level support is really easy to get a hold of.

Amanda

p.s. I will not be available tomorrow, so any questions further will need to wait until Wednesday.
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Exede goes case by case.

HN has done the samething in the past. 

If they don't put it in writing it makes the lawyers happy.

JMO
Reggie
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Well it does put the responsibility on the customer to ask about the policy and at the right department. The lawyers and accounting most likely are very happy with that.