cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most recent Microsoft update 7/14

Most recent Microsoft update 7/14

So, after the most recent Microsoft update on 7/14 my computer is a mess.  Keeps freezing up when surfing the internet using IE.  At first I was going to blame HughesNet, BUT I don't believe Hughes is to blame in this case.  My printer has also had problems since the update. My Samsung tablet runs fine as does my Kindle.  After doing some research and with my limited understanding of computers, other people are complaining about this was a start to the Windows 10 update and some are also having problems. I am currently running Windows 7.

I had already decided that I was not going to update to Windows 10 thinking my old computer would not be able to handle it.  I was happy with Windows 7.  How do I get rid of whatever was updated earlier this week?  Or, is there some other way to get the function of my computer back and it's ability to surf the internet without freezing up and needing to be rebooted?

Suggestions please!

14 REPLIES 14
Assistant Professor

Re: Most recent Microsoft update 7/14

Do you have a restore point dated before the updates?
Advanced Tutor

Bill &sgoshe,

I have not installed my updates yet. What do you suggest I do before I do.

grapes, you need to go to your system control to remove the updates. I've noticed some strange things going on too using Chrome. But I've been loading the updates one at a time so I know which ones to remove to fix the problem.

I might wait to download any more of them for a few days.

One at a time. That's how I've been doing it. 

Now that I'm having issues I'm going to wait longer in between before I download any more.
Advanced Tutor

Robin,

Thank You.
Highlighted

I've been checking what each one is before downloading it. This sneaky crap with 10 has me suspicious about anything they want to put on my computer now. There is a security update in that list that does involve 10 but I can't remember at the moment if it's in the serious stack or the recommended.
Advanced Tutor

Bill,

Thank You.

Ok, so how do I restore?  or create a restore point?

One more thing to consider is using a lot of DVDs or External HD make a System Image of your HD then if ever something really really bad  happens you can restore your whole system back to how it is when you make or update the image. 

Depending on how much you have on your system the image will be quite large.  I have one on a extra HD and it is right at 90 gig.