Hughesnet Community

Multiple Problems (slow speed) (data running out fast)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AGamer
Freshman

Multiple Problems (slow speed) (data running out fast)

We have been using Hughes net for awhile now, it was great at first. Then suddenly problems popped up. Our number one problem even though we have tested our speed on the Hughes net test thing and always get good results, but when testing on other testing sites it shows much different results! We get 5 MB’s Download when we are supposed to get 25! We don’t really care for upload speed because we really don’t use it. Number 2 problem is while ordering the internet we were lied too. The person we spoke too although very nice, said that 10 GBS is perfect for a family of 5 which is what we have. When we were having problems we went onto Hughes nets website only to find that 10GB is recommended for 1-2 PEOPLE!
WHAT! I was angry about this. In fact I still am! Now I play video games another thing I was lied to about was Hughes net had little to no lag on video games but yet on a clear sunny day I have immense amount of lag to the point I cannot play the game. I have called Hughes net again very nice people told me some things I can do to fix it reset my modem disconnect some devices make sure devices are all shut down when not using them I do all of this. No results! I thanked the people for there help and asked for a call back never got one. Another problem I had was we bought 200 dollar google WiFi pods which are supposed to increase the internet range but for someone reason they were using the data and not relaying it! So we got rid of those and called asking why this was happening to get no response on why but just to get rid of them so there goes $200. Wow. Last thing is a short thing I have Hughes bet data meter doesn’t work very well telling you what uses the data. But with out fail every time no matter if we are not using our internet or are it always runs out in the exact same pattern going down at a steady rate for the first day then suddenly it all drops down to 0 yet the bonus zone never does this which is strange. Anyway I’m not to techy with
The internet and I’m not always expecting 25 download but o would like at least it to be a steady 10. I know what I am supposed to be getting and it hasn’t been delivered yet. Phone support is unreliable so I thought I would try here. I have seen that you have shut down other threads for invalid reasons. They have clearly stated you ideas didn’t work yet you always end with “we have provided ideas” so we are shutting down this thread.
I would like this not to be one of those threads. And if I don’t respond instantly don’t be like “thread closed to inactivity”
Not trying to be rude just stating what I know will happen if I don’t say this people have lives they can’t respond instantly all the time.
So please fix this.
Ps I can’t even play the most basic games with Hughes net so I’d like a explanation.
Hope to hear back soon
-AGamer
24 REPLIES 24