Multiple performance issues resolved today

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobBoyce
Freshman

Multiple performance issues resolved today

An installer from HughesNet showed up today to diagnose my slow bandwidth and repeating State Code 2.1.1 errors. Initial testing showed no issues, then while he was packing up to leave, the system went down with the State Code 2.1.1.

He swapped out the modem and while the IDU transfer was underway, the ODU stopped responding to Installer Tech Support. Installer Tech Support advised him to also put in a new dish and a new radio. After everything new was in and aimed, they updated the modem software and ran speed tests. By this time it was peak usage period and my speed result was still 40 Mbps. He left and I've been having no problems with slowdowns since. We'll see how long it lasts. LOL

4 REPLIES 4
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

w00t~!

Glad your service visit went well, and certainly glad the unit flaked out while the tech was there.  Doesn't happen often, but manufacturing defects do pop up from time to time on equipment.

I just wanted to leave an update. I've had no more 2.1.1 errors, and the system has been pretty reliable. Afternoons, Evenings, and Weekends are slowing down more and more as the customer load increases. It can take 30 seconds or more for a site to load during those times of prime-time usage. But it's been usable for my email and minor web surfing. I don't normally watch videos, but when I do try to view youtube video links emailed to me, I usually give up when it keeps halting and showing the spinning circle. If I were the video sort of user, it would upset me, but I really just use the internet for mostly email and minor web surfing. I use less than 10% of my allotted usage most months, one month I hit 95% due to software updates. I still have a 5GB token sitting there unused.

Bob

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@BobBoyce

Regarding the Youtube videos, if you have not already tried this, try turning off, or pausing, the Video Data Saver to see if it helps with the buffering.  You can do either of those things through the Video Settings in the HughesNet Usage Meter, or by signing into the HughesNet MyAccount site and clicking on the Settings tab.  

What is Video Data Saver?

BTW, if you have Windows 10 and have not yet performed the Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803), beware, as it can be over 3GB.  

Good morning Bob, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!