My HT2000W modem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harleydixie
New Poster

My HT2000W modem

My HT2000W modem isn’t working for over a day now!
I have tried to do a reset several times but still nothing. Please help!
10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

When you say "reset," what do you mean?

GabeU

@Harleydixie 

What do you mean by "isn't working"?  

By "reset", are you referring to the reset button on the back of the modem, and if so, who instructed you to perform a reset?  

Yes, that is what I am referring to.
I was informed of this button by the installer at the time that he installed it in my home

It “isn’t working” as in it doesn’t have the proper lights lit up on it for WiFi, and I cannot access the internet while connected to WiFi
GabeU

@Harleydixie 

First and foremost, please don't reset the HughesNet modem anymore unless instructed to by a HughesNet rep, and then only using the specific method that they instruct.  

Regarding the issue, while using a device that is connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable are you able to get to this page?  If so, what do you see listed for the State Code in the System Summary box near the top of the page?

Also, is the HughesNet WiFi showing up as a connection method in any of your WiFi devices?  If so, what kind of failure do you see when you try to connect to it?  Or, is nothing showing up at all?

Edit:  Did you have any sort of recent power interruption?  

Well then, the installer should have never instructed me to do anything with the reset button! I was just doing what I was told by him!
I do not have a LAN cable. When I connect my labtop to the HughesNet modem, I cannot pull up any webpages at all. A page pops up that says “no internet connection. Please check your internet connection and try again.”
GabeU

@Harleydixie 

The only other thing you can try is power cycling the modem.  To do so, unplug the modem at the wall outlet, wait at least a minute, then plug the modem back in.  Wait at least five minutes for the modem to be fully up, then try connecting again.  

If the power cycling doesn't help, you'll likely have to wait to hear from a HughesNet representative, as without the ability to connect directly to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable connected device in order to access the modem's settings there's not really anything anyone other than a HughesNet rep can do, as they're the only one's with a remote connection ability.  They're normally on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though there is occasionally one on during the weekends.  They will usually answer within a day or so (during the weekdays).  If you'd rather not wait for them to reply you can call customer service at 866-347-3292.  If you do decide to wait, please be sure to leave the modem plugged in so that the reps have the ability to remotely connect.

Regarding the reset, the installation techs often don't have the knowledge that a HughesNet rep will have regarding troubleshooting steps, as quite often their main job is installations and not troubleshooting.  Because of this they can sometimes give troubleshooting advice that isn't necessarily correct.  No one is blaming you for doing what they said to do.

Hopefully the power cycle does the trick, but if not, again, you can call tech support or wait for a rep to respond here.  It may be something a phone rep can easily fix.

Good luck.    

Also, no recent power outage
Damian

Hello @Harleydixie,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are not able to gain internet access. After running diagnostics, it appears we do not have any communication remotely. Please try the steps posted by @GabeU and if this does not work, we will send out a technician to replace the equipment on site. 

-Damian 

@Harleydixie,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. It appears you recently had a modem replacement sent out to you. If you still have issues after setting up the new modem, please create a new thread and update me on your status. 

-Damian