cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My HughesNet absolutely sucks. Completely useless.

Highlighted
New Poster

withdrawn

withdrawn

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: HughesNet unfair and incompetent

@kania

If you'd like help with your issue, as in seeing what the reps on here may be able to do for you, you should start a new topic, which you can do here...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/TechSupport

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Re: My HughesNet absolutely sucks. Completely useless.

I had the same issue, Went through 50gb data plan in one week.  customer service can provide detailed usage reports or usage per devices to troubleshoot what is using what.  Also my Cell provider 4G 15mbps hot spot is way faster than the avertised 24mbps speeds HughesNet advertises.  I'd say that is they are in breach of contract due to misadvertisement as to what they offer and I have compareable data to prove it.   

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: My HughesNet absolutely sucks. Completely useless.

@first_catchwrote:

I had the same issue, Went through 50gb data plan in one week.  customer service can provide detailed usage reports or usage per devices to troubleshoot what is using what.  Also my Cell provider 4G 15mbps hot spot is way faster than the avertised 24mbps speeds HughesNet advertises.  I'd say that is they are in breach of contract due to misadvertisement as to what they offer and I have compareable data to prove it.   

No, they cannot.  They can tell you what you have connected (since your modem has been powered) and what your total usage has been, but they cannot tell you how much data each device used.  

Keep in mind, speeds are not guaranteed, as is stated in the contract.  

If you'd like help, please start a new topic.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro