Hughesnet Community

My Modem “System” transmit light is out…

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PHadsock45
Freshman

My Modem “System” transmit light is out…

I have tried unplugging everything from each other and resetting, no success. It has been out 10 days now. I am so frustrated. The modem was just replaced not long ago. Any advice?

-Heather

10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Yikes. I'd say you have two options:

1. Wait for one of the reps here to see your post and reply to you. Leave your modem plugged in so they can reach it remotely to run diagnostics.

2. Call the 800  number. I believe those reps can also run diagnostics, so your modem needs to be plugged in too for them to do so. 

I hope this gets resolved for you soon.

Remy

PHadsock45,

Thank you for reaching out! Upon looking into your account, it seems we don't have communication with the modem. If you could, on a device directly connected to the modem, please go to your web browser and go to http://systemcontrolcenter.com. Once the HughesNet page populates, please click on System Status at the top of the page and post what the System State code is here. It should be in a 0.0.0 format.

Thanks,

Remy

I’m trying. All my screens will tell me is I have no internet connection when trying.

I’ll keep trying.

maratsade

The system page doesn’t need internet. You may want to connect with an Ethernet cable, though. 

I have all Apple products and that has proven challenging. I’m thinking my modem is bad. 

maratsade

What Apple devices do you have? I use a USB ethernet adapter to connect directly to the modem.  EDIT: to connect a Mac to the modem. There are also lightning to Ethernet adapters that you can use to connect iPhones and iPads.

iPhone, MacBook. I still cannot get it to work. 😞

PHadsock45,

Thank you for attempting to connect to the SCC! Since it doesn't seem to be connecting, I'm going to go ahead and see if a modem swap will do the job. Please expect the replacement soon; you can use its box to return the old modem. For your convenience, the return label is included in the outer pouch. 

Thanks,

Remy

Thank You Remy! 🙂

maratsade

Glad to see they're sending you a modem to try. Hang in there.