My computer is not seeing the wifi from Hug2 or 5

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmccaulla
Freshman

My computer is not seeing the wifi from Hug2 or 5

I have a HP PavilionP6530F, Wireless Lan 802.11b/g/n windows 10 version 1903 computer that is not identifying the Wifi **bleep** up the wifi signal but this computer. And of course, this is my main computer. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@hmccaulla  

A new WiFi card can be installed in a desktop computer fairly easily, as it goes in a PCI Express slot, but if the signal from the modem/router isn't good enough at the computer's location, a new WiFi card probably wouldn't help.  The WiFi cards themselves aren't all that expensive.  

I would first check your WiFi signal strength at the location of the deskop.  You can use the HughesNet Mobile app, which works on your phone, and which has a "WiFi Gauge", or any other mobile app that you like that can test WiFi signal strength.  It's possible that it's a range issue, and a new WiFi card may not actually do the trick if this is the case.  

If it is a range issue, HughesNet does have a WiFi Booster that works with the HT2000W modem, or you can even use a 3rd party WiFi router that gives better WiFi range than the HT2000W's. 

Sometimes the makeup of a house can affect a signal where you wouldn't normally think it would, so it would definitely be a good idea to test that WiFi signal strength at the location of your desktop.

Edit:  Sorry, I should have given the link to the HughesNet Mobile App.  Android and Apple.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11