Hughesnet Community

My concern is the fact that we had to turn in our perfectly functioning HT1000 modem for a seriously faulty HT1100 modem.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnWaylandBale

My concern is the fact that we had to turn in our perfectly functioning HT1000 modem for a seriously faulty HT1100 modem.

Our internet service has been seriously compromised by the "upgrade" from the HT1000 modem to the HT1100 modem. The uplink goes down repeatedly. In the three weeks since the "upgrade" we have spent hours talking to Tech Support and had two technician visits without resolving the problem or without convincing HughesNet that there is a problem. They prefer to tell us how many more features the HT1100 has compared to the HT1000.
66 REPLIES 66
Wadebear

No, my games have been closed for 30 minutes and the uplink is still going out.
Wadebear

The uplink was fine from midnight to 8 AM, then it started dropping out again.  6 red Xs so far this hour.  I've been playing my games since 4 AM so I'm gonna say it's not my games, especially since I was doing neighbor visits earlier which is the most network active part of the game given that I have to load each neighbor's town configuration into my game so I can search it for things to tap.
Larry Lockie

Just a thought....Since you have a backup of your router settings, Hit the reset button on the router and start at square 1. ?????

Also, are you and everyone else absolutely sure that the cable from the modem to the Radio is the right type? Pure copper conductor, not copper clad. and the proper Hughes approved Brand?

Wadebear

I'm setting up to reset the router.  There's something wrong with the wireless for sure.  The last few days it takes several minutes for the game to start up on my 2 Android tablets - they just sit there with a black screen (the game starts normally on my iPad mini).  Yesterday I did a test with an old router and the games started right up with no waiting.  When I switched them back the black screen hold-up came back.

The cable from the modem to the radio is what the installer put in years ago, back when the modems needed a dual cable - and when another installer changed us over to the new dish for G4 he commented that it was the correct type.  I wish he hadn't cut the end off the unused one because then I could switch them over and see if that alleviated the problem.
CommunityWorklo
New Poster

Odd... Well either way, we have engineers looking into your HughesNet system too regarding the suspected interference. Someone commented to me that they noticed you have a router but its not being detected in our tool that is supposed to detect routers. I wonder if this is due to the cable?  I can send you a router from here approved to work with our system (free of course) - would you be willing to try that out?

Thanks
Amanda
JohnWaylandBale

Amanda,

Sure, I never turn down anything that's free, especially if that might fix the problem.

John
Amanda

Hi John
Sounds good! I am setting up the shipping right now. It will come with an instruction booklet. If you some how get it before we come back into the office (Tuesday), GabeU has the same one and can assist. 

Thanks
Amanda
Amanda

Hi you two

Any update for me? Did you get the router and set it up? Keep me in the loop! 🙂

Thanks
Amanda
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I'd be happy to assist with the router if you need any help, John.  The only thing I can think of to recommend at this point in time is to not bother downloading and installing the mydlink software the booklet talks about toward the end.  It's a cloud based thing and unless you would use something like that, it's not needed.  In my opinion it's just something to eat more data. 
Wadebear

I just finished setting up and configuring the router.  I had to make some changes to the recommended configuration to accommodate our video surveillance system (can't access it without a static IP and it's already bookmarked in all our computers and devices).  So I set it up with a DHCP reservation.

If we continue to have trouble I'll reset the thing to standard configuration and deal with it, but having had to deal with a change in the surveillance system  IP in the past I know it's a MAJOR hassle.
JohnWaylandBale

Thanks for the offer Gabe. The modem arrived Friday and Wade installed it Saturday. Not sure exactly what he did, I let him handle all technical matters pertaining to the home network. I forwarded your comment to him.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

John,

You're very welcome, though now that I've read the thread more thoroughly I see it's a bit more involved and technical than I realized, involving static IPs and a security system, and other than a basic setup, I don't know how much help I would have really been.  From the sounds of it, Wade is much more knowledgeable about routers than I am.  I should probably be asking him questions about router setup rather than the other way around.  LOL.   

I had been starting to have a problem here and there with my current (at the time) router and Amanda sent me the D-Link and just asked me to answer some questions about it regarding the installation, the booklet, and some testing, which I was happy to do in exchange for the router.  It was a really nice thing of her to do.

I hope everything is working properly.          

Wadebear

On the LAN side everything appears to be working fine, but we're still having problems with the uplink and DNS acceleration going out.

I learned what I know about setting up routers the hard way: Trial and error.  Lots and lots of errors.
Amanda

Hi Wadebear,

I'm looking at your diagnostics and everything looks okay signal wise in some places, but in other places not so much. I'm going to try a couple of things but no guarantees. I may have to have an engineer check this one out for me and give me some advice. Can you test it out today/tonight and let me know how performance is? Also, do you notice if the disconnects/intermittent connection happen at a certain time of the day or night?

Thanks
Amanda
Wadebear

It's actually been behaving itself since I rebooted the network earlier today.  I couldn't log into EA site, but I think it's the web site.

I was trying to track any pattern to it, but I couldn't.  It just seems random. 
Wadebear

Ok, so it's been 24+ hours...

According to the Hourly History on the modem there haven't been any uplink problems - but it doesn't always record them.  There have been several times when I've seen uplink errors on the Current Hour History that didn't show up later in the Hourly History page.

But anyway...

Now the LAN connection is dropping out.  The Hourly History shows 4 Xs within the last 24 hours, and there's a 5th on on the Current Hour History.  I'll try plugging the router in another socket. and see what happens.
Wadebear

Another 24+ hours.  Only one red X on the Hourly History: for the 8 AM hour yesterday (um... Thursday).  Definite improvement.
Wadebear

Well, the uplink issues seem to be straightened out, but it keeps disconnecting on the LAN.
KarenKlomparens
New Poster

I was forced to change modems before.
Amanda

Hello

Just wanted to check in and let you know I wanted to look at your diagnostics, but some of the results are coming back/not coming back because of thunderstorms in your area. I did manage to see an issue with IPv4 on the LAN, but some more over-time details will let me know better whats going on. It may be a settings issue on the router - there's an option in there that can be turned off which might fix that.

When you see the X is that the same time you experience a connection drop?

Thanks
Amanda
Wadebear

Since the uplink has stabilized I haven't been watching the page as much, so I'm not sure.  I know that sometimes it's stopped me from getting to a web page or knocked me out of my games because I've checked to see what the issue was when I couldn't get somewhere.

Oops, I spoke too soon.  I just checked and the uplink has been out a couple of times this hour.  It could be the weather though.  We got knocked off line for several minutes earlier today when a storm cell blew past.

Which option would I turn off in the router to help improve things?