cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My data bytes are draining away rapidly

Assistant Professor

Re: My data bytes are draining away rapidly

Yea, I don't think I'd like having a DirecTV box hooked up to Hughes. It is bad enough with a Smart TV over WiFI. My TV has used 21.6MB so far and I'm watching OTA broadcast TV haven't done anything online with it. Must be guide data and program updates.
New Poster

I heard that Hughes systems and Samsung Smart TV's dont like each other very well either
Assistant Professor

I have Samsung and it seems to work ok, can stream Netflix and the browser works fine. Maybe depends on the model. Mine has a quad-core processor  and dual-band wifi which may help. I use the 5GHz band which is faster at streaming video.
New Poster

it was a issue about using netflix but I thought the got that fixed
Employee

If you run out of ideas a quick test at night is to disconnect the LAN cable from your Hughes Terminal.  You can check your usage when the cable was disconnected.  If your usage is 0, then it is something on your network, if it does show traffic Hughes can look on their end.

Hi Warren, I didn't do a screen capture before disconnecting the LAN but wrote down the reading at 5Smiley Tonguem, there was 8gig of anytime and 50 of bonus. This morning I had 50 gig of both as shown below 7:20am 1/23. My usage dropped to zero during that time. I assume that means it's something in my system?
Alum

Kevin,

Thanks for your reply. There is something connected to your router that is draining your data. Please check your other components that might be unknowingly using your data. You can refer back to the checklist from the common data sources we posted above.

If your still unaware of what is actually causing the data drain, we can setup a Home Tech service call to you to help here.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns we can help you with.

- Warren
Highlighted
New Poster

Howdy New community member.
New Poster

Kevin are you running Symbi on your computer? if so disconnect the Directtv device and see if your data usage stops.

Thanks you everyone. I don't know what happened overnight but everything is fine this morning. My 50gig data bank is full today when it was nearly empty yesterday. Compare download history, yesterday and today.

I don't think it was anything I did??