Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My download is to darn fast

duke_mabank
Sophomore

My download is to darn fast

HT1100
Not to fast for me but for testmy.net. I go to a lot of trouble to limit my data usage. This morning at 10 am I did a manual test of 12 MB down. I'm assuming that whatever pre test testmy.net does,  it said to itself, that speed just can't be true. So it re adjusted my download to 112 MB. My manual download was 24 Mbps and manual upload was 1.9 Mbps.

9 pm last night my download was about 9 Mbps and 750 up which is fine and that is good enough to watch Netflix if I wanted but I don't. I wait until the last week of my billing period to see how much data I can waste. I use DroidTV to download TV shows to my tablet during bonus hours then hdmi it to my TV. That is 40-50 gigs of shows I don't have time to watch (in HD) and I'm retired.

My point is this. I will continue reading messages over on the haters side of this forum to learn things. But I will refuse to let them make me so paranoid that I am chewing up expensive bits and bytes doing speed tests every day.
6 REPLIES 6
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Re: My download is to darn fast

I find when the speed is really fast the 15 MB manual test works best and doesn't normally kick over into an extremely large test size like the 12 MB often does.

EDIT: And many customers are experiencing fast speeds with Gen4 Jupiter satellite lately. Most don't take the time to report it and say thanks, nice of you to do so.
Mordacious

Don't you hate it when your speeds are so fast that you have nothing to complain about other than the 12 MB test kicking over to a larger file size because the DL is so fast?

Being that so many of us are experiencing these higher speeds doesn't it stand to reason that if the whiners took the time to ask for help and make the adjustments they too might be able to cash in on this bonanza?

Thank you Hughesnet for a job well done.
Amanda

We hate that too! I also hate when food tastes so good that I clean my whole plate Smiley Happy

Amanda
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

duke_mabank
Sophomore

Normally if its lightning/thunder storm, I turn off tv/dvr and hughesnet modem which is on a 2160 joules surge protector by itself. But twice in the last 3 months I had rain only. The speeds are impressive and equally impressive to me is how the dish or radio fights through heavy rain.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

It takes an extremely strong thunderstorm to the south where my dish is pointed to knock my system off the air. Having storms here today and so far have not lost signal.