cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My download speeds are Very slow

My download speeds are Very slow

I had service for going on 2 weeks.  My download speed has been at .50 mbs or even slower for this amount of time.  Can't even watch youtube videos its that bad.  Yes my data keeps getting set back to 50 gb.  I was told I be ably to watch movies and surf the net with this package.  Its the 100 gig package with 15mb download speed and 5 mb up.  As it stands for the past 2 weeks i am getting slower speeds then dial up.  Whats the deal here.  Just cause I am living on a farm I have to live with internet speeds that were out done 10 yrs ago.  I still have 2 weeks to cancel my service if it does not improve i be switching to att hotspot or wild blue.
8 REPLIES 8

Re: My download speeds are Very slow

Good morning Youthdragon,

Welcome to HughesNet and the community! Your salesperson should have gone over our service plans and data allowance with you when you placed your order. The reason that your data is resetting is because we have a courtesy data grace period during your initial startup period to allow your devices to update software programs. Should you decide to cancel within the first 30 days you may ask for no termination fees. If you need some direct technical support or to discuss your service you may call our direct support line at 866-347-3292, we have agents standing by 24 x 7 to assist you address the speed issue. We hope that you decide to remain a HughesNet customer. Please feel free to report back here with any additional concerns.

Thank you for your post,

Miles
Highlighted

Youthdragon , forget the phone call post your modem ESN number - located at the back or bottom of your modem --serial number so Hughes-Net can locate you ,  in this forum we help not refer to phone calls reading from a script , i do not know where Amanda or Liz is at now but this is not the way we do business here  do not need angry members here as i  see it way to often !!!! as for and because of hours on a phone and if can, type in address bar 192.168.0.1 and use your tools there to make 3 sets of 5,  tests at varies time of day and post them on here - in your post !!!!

It's all green.   s/n  b3 0010755072 a4 ESN:10733072Speed date/Time Down(kbps) Up(kbps) 06/04/2015 20:39:375982113606/04/2015 01:07:38739848506/04/2015 01:06:197753583

Date/Time Web Response Time (seconds) 06/04/2015 00:51:001.306/04/2015 00:48:591.006/04/2015 00:48:591.706/04/2015 00:48:491.006/04/2015 00:48:490.8

Hello Youthdragon,

Thank you for running and posting your speed tests and web
response tests. We want to save you a call also, we have assigned a case
manager to contact you within two business days to discuss your service
concerns. Please let us know if there is a preference to when we should call
you, AM or PM?

We are looking forward to helping you,

Miles

PM anytime between 5pm and 10 pm cst

Hello Youthdragon,

Thank you for your reply. Your case manager will call you during those times. If we miss you we will leave a voice mail and with a direct phone number to call us during normal business hours at your convenience.

Thank you for your response,

Miles

Won't hold my breath.

Good morning youthdragon,

Your case manager called and left voice mail messages on the two telephone numbers listed on the account yesterday around 7:05pm to 7:10pm EST. You may return the call to the phone number provided.

We look forward to hearing from you and will be happy to assist you,

Miles