cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My internet connection goes in and out and Hughes Voice (internet phone) does not work after 4 different modems...

My internet connection goes in and out and Hughes Voice (internet phone) does not work after 4 different modems...

Our hughesnet connection goes in and out and the voice modem doesn't show up.  We had incredibly show internet (took 2.5 hours to upload/ download small files), and we were told that the satellite dish had a problem.  Today that was fixed, but the internet now pulses on and off about every 4 minutes.  When I call hughesnet service via skype through the internet, I get kicked off each time.  So I have no way of calling, plus the internet phone doesn't work.  I am beginning month 4 with this service, just trying to get basic functionality still.
3 REPLIES 3
Junior

Re: My internet connection goes in and out and Hughes Voice (internet phone) does not work after 4 different modems...

Hi hgsolomon,

Try and see if you can get to support using chat since your phone is having problems. It will require less speed to chat than to Skype. Hopefully you can get to someone who can help you rather than having to wait thru the weekend.

Best wishes,
Don  Smiley Happy

Re: My internet connection goes in and out and Hughes Voice (internet phone) does not work after 4 different modems...

Good morning hgsolomon,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We'd like to address your concerns, so I pulled up your account and ran remote diagnostics on your site. Everything looks good, especially after your site visit this past Saturday. 

To clarify, you're experiencing intermittent internet connectivity?

When does this happen?

When you do see this happen, what lights on the modem do you see lit up?

When you're experiencing this disconnect, please enter 192.168.0.1 in your address bar in your browser, then let me know what the status is in your System Control Center.

Does this happen when your computer is directly connected the HughesNet modem? Give that a shot if you have yet to try.

Looking forward to hearing back from you so we can address your concerns.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi hgsolomon,

I take it that all is well with your system since I've not gotten a reply. If that's not the case, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->