Hughesnet Community

My internet hardly ever works!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
munger1010

My internet hardly ever works!

I have had this internet since June 2015 and not one single month have I felt like I have gotten my money out of it. I am constantly restarting, calling the service center or chatting online with a rep. The last few people I talked to were very rude and pretty much told me it was my problem. When I first signed up they asked me what I used internet for and I said my 3 biggest things were : Working from home, Netflix and PS4. They acted like it was no issue. I was also never told that there was a data allowance. Are you kidding me?? Why do I pay for this still???

Just annoyed...
26 REPLIES 26
Liz

Hi munger1010,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We can certainly address your concerns, so thanks for posting. First thing I would like to do is pull your sales call to confirm whether our Fair Access Policy/data allowance was disclosed. 

Regarding your service performance, we'll need more details as to what's happening so we can best work towards a fix. You mentioned you're constantly restarting. Can you please elaborate on that?

I've already run some remote diagnostics on your site, and so far from what I can see, nothing abnormal jumps out. However, I see that perhaps your HughesNet modem is not powered on, so I can't complete the full diagnostics. Please power on the HughesNet modem and let me know once that is done so diagnostics can be complete.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

munger1010

Well I didn't turn it off... and it was working yesterday but this morning nothing worked and the lights were on like its powered on. I just constantly "load" everything. nothing works. I pay more than I did for internet at my other house, and it actually worked. So I feel like this is such a rip off. I told my neighbors who I had and they literally laughed at me.

Super frustrated.
CommunityWorklo
New Poster

Understandable, let's see what's going on with your modem. As long as the HughesNet modem is plugged into some power, please let me know which LEDs on the modem are lit.

If you type in 192.168.0.1 into your web browser, what status are you seeing? What color is the status light? What status code is on the screen?

Looking forward to your reply.

-Liz
munger1010

Hey Mordacious! I Haven't unplugged but I have restarted it and shit the power off to it and tried that way. We have it secure, and it shows on my phone that I was connected to it, but nothing worked. so I don't know. Just getting old : /
munger1010

Hey Liz,

I'm actually at work...where my internet works like a chap. I'll have to check this tomorrow sometime.

Thanks!
munger1010

my rope is pretty short at this point
munger1010

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Waste of Time.

Just spent almost an hour and a half on the phone with customer service. Which is annoying from the get go because i have never spoke with someone who speaks English. Funny that this is "America's" number 1 choice lol Sorry got side tracked. After over a hour she got my internet to turn on and after we ran multiple speed tests and she put me on hold 100 times, she determined that my speed is below the minimum...again....why am I paying for this??? And i lost an entire percent on my usage meter. great.
Liz

Hi munger1010,

I'm looking at your case notes and it looks like the rep had you run some testmy.net speed tests. If we could get a results URL from testmy.net showing unusually slow speeds for your plan, I can certainly escalate your case to our engineers to address your speed concerns. Please ensure your follow these steps to get some results our engineers can review:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/cant-use-the-hughesnet-speedtest-guide-for-testmy...

Most important points:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem
-use the 12MB test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/[yourusername]

From the case notes, it's uncertain whether the testmy.net tests were done using the 12 MB file, and we would like to get a results URL so we can track all of your tests and system performance.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

munger1010

she had me run the test and i gave her all my notes for it. I don't have the gigabytes to waist to keep doing this. Maybe if my internet didn't already suck............
Liz

Hi munger1010,

I sent you a free token so you may run the testmy.net speed tests. Looking forward to receiving your test URL.

Thanks and enjoy the weekend!

-Liz

munger1010

I would love to go to either of those...but they aren't offered in my area. Maybe if she spoke English, and I didn't have a job, I could stand to talk to them for more than an hour.
munger1010

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I can only use my internet at work. Yay for paying for NOTHING
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

If you could post your testmy.net results URL the reps could take a look and probably help you.  Just go to testmy.net, sign in if not already, click on results, then copy and paste the URL.  Like this.... 

http://testmy.net/quickstats/Gabe1972

If you are allowed to access the internet at work, you can do it from there (not do the actual test, just post the results URL of your Hughesnet tests). 

munger1010

Lol I'm on here now at work..but that does no good to do those test. I already did a bunch of them for the lady i spoke with last week. Took up half my day. I don't have time right now to do that. She even told me my speeds were slow....Not like I needed someone to tell me that.
GabeU

When a rep asks you to do something, like post your results, they aren't doing it for the heck of it.  If you don't want their help, I guess nothing will change.  Good luck. 

munger1010

I don't even know who you are. Thanks.
And I did what the lady told me to... I ran it 6 different times for the upload and download.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

So did you create a test URL like Liz requested 3 days ago then run some tests and post the URL here like this http://testmy.net/quickstats/sgoshe ?
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

munger1010

Try to grasp fact:

The tier on and tier 2 techs you may have spoken are going to somewhat limited in what they can do.

The Hughes employees here on the forum are at the corporate level and as such they are much more knowledge and have more assets available to them.

munger1010

Bird dog- I did it over the phone with some Indian lady. She didn't have me post or save anything.
GabeU

Create an account at testmy.net, if you haven't already.  When you are signed in and run the test, it saves your results automatically.  You can stay signed into it so you don't have to sign in every time you go to the site.