cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My internet sucks never have service and can only use it in one area of my house

New Poster

My internet sucks never have service and can only use it in one area of my house

I have had hughesnet for a month and I’m used to cable internet but I can’t use my internet on anything other then my tv in my basement. We are using a ton of our phone data to use our phones but my daughter can’t use it in her room on a roku box and I can’t use it in my room on my roku box. We are a family of Netflix and Hulu we don’t have satellite tv as we aren’t happy with this service!!! I get it was going to be delayed as we live out farther and cable doesn’t come here. I never expected my service to never work or stream and get charged for it running when we can’t use it but in one room of our house!! I have not received any paper work or anything except what is on my email and it’s just billing information. I need to know how long I’m stuck with this service!!! Cause this is ridiculous I paid the same price for actually service that worked. One very upset customer and because of no not being able to use my internet I can’t call cause my service on my phone isn’t the best either the reason we got internet . So for a month now I have used almost all my data on the internet and 10 times more on my phone and still can’t stream fully.
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Professor III

Re: My internet sucks never have service and can only use it in one area of my house

• Satellite TV works differently than satellite internet, so you shouldn't use your satellite internet experience as a measure of what your satellite TV experience would be like. 
  • Satellite internet is very limited compared to cable, so your expectations need to be adjusted, as it will not give you what you got from cable. 
  • You don't receive any paperwork except what's sent to you via email -- you should have received a welcome email.  
  • I suggest you read the subscriber agreement, located at https://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm,  and the disclaimers on the website, at  https://www.hughesnet.com/about/hughesnet-gen5
  • If you got internet just to stream, satellite internet may not be for you, as you will use your data quickly and be affected by latency, congestion, the number of devices connected to your wifi, the quality of your devices' software and hardware, network optimisation strategies, and more.  

@schuttkari wrote:
I have had hughesnet for a month and I’m used to cable internet but I can’t use my internet on anything other then my tv in my basement. We are using a ton of our phone data to use our phones but my daughter can’t use it in her room on a roku box and I can’t use it in my room on my roku box. We are a family of Netflix and Hulu we don’t have satellite tv as we aren’t happy with this service!!! I get it was going to be delayed as we live out farther and cable doesn’t come here. I never expected my service to never work or stream and get charged for it running when we can’t use it but in one room of our house!! I have not received any paper work or anything except what is on my email and it’s just billing information. I need to know how long I’m stuck with this service!!! Cause this is ridiculous I paid the same price for actually service that worked. One very upset customer and because of no not being able to use my internet I can’t call cause my service on my phone isn’t the best either the reason we got internet . So for a month now I have used almost all my data on the internet and 10 times more on my phone and still can’t stream fully.