cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My late afternoon and evening speed has crashed

Assistant Professor

Re: My late afternoon and evening speed has crashed

My experience it can make a huge difference.

Just guessing because a lot of this is proprietary but think it has to do with the bank of servers and actual cable connection going out to the ground based internet.

I'm guessing there are numerous servers associated with more than one cable/fiber leaving a Gateway. Each of those paths is assigned an Outroute ID to identify the servers and cable leaving the Gateway.

Again speculating, I was put on a new bank of servers and cable meant to support the new satellite in the future. It is not performing well.

All combinations of servers and cables perform differently.

Everything I'm saying could be fake news.

Now I'm gonna get slowed again. Smiley Sad

I should just shut up and be happy I'm getting decent speed again. Bad Barbara!
Tutor

I love your fake news Barbara.

Your friend with the DSS 747,
Greg
Assistant Professor

PS: When I say "leaving" I mean "incoming" also. Just how I word things. And I think the ground side is more of a challenge than the satellite side much of the time.

My opinion again.
Associate Professor
Assistant Professor

North Platte (NOR)

Has been bad weather rolling through there but not a 24/7 weeks worth. As soon as they put me back on Outroute 32 everything was fine again. Did you see Liz's post above about capacity expansion?
Associate Professor
Assistant Professor

Liz, Amanda, Chris, you can close this whenever you want. Sincerely appreciate how quickly it was taken care of.

Good morning BirdDog,

Glad to hear your speeds are back to normal, thank you for pointing out the outroute change. I'll mention this to the engineer when I update him on your system performance.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Yea, something definitely wonky with 35, everything back to normal as soon as put back on 32. Thanks Again!

Sure sounds like it. You're very welcome, glad to have helped!

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->