cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My late afternoon and evening speed has crashed

Assistant Professor

Re: My late afternoon and evening speed has crashed

Better than clucking around. Now I'm getting under 1 Mbps, not something I usually see especially this time of day.  

I foresee another long battle in my future.  Smiley Sad
Honorary Alumnus

It took, as I recall, 6 or more weeks of pawing through the fixes last time.

EDIT:

I seem to be holding steady at about 8 Mbps but have a lot of heavy snow-laden cloud cover.

Assistant Professor

It isn't much good for anything except browsing when that bad. I honestly don't know how people can tolerate the 7000s, and other lower speed legacy systems, with the way the internet has changed just in the last few years.

Faster speed is addicting.
Assistant Professor

Hmm, I just noticed my Outroute ID has changed. Don't know if it was done when this started or they just changed it today after I posted. Anyway, went from 16 to 35.
Distinguished Professor IV

I just checked mine and it's averaging around 15Mbps, which is normal for me at this time of early evening (5:13PM EST). 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

When you were experiencing the slowdown, were both boxes at the top of the SCC green?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

My quickstats link above tells the story.  Smiley Sad

For someone that normally has fantastic speed, it's horrendous.  I guess no Peaky Blinders for the time being.  Smiley Sad

I hope they can figure out what's going on fairly quickly. 

Assistant Professor

Seems the poor speed is now pretty much all the time. Early morning, late morning, afternoon........constant. What a change from what it was. Something has definitely changed somewhere. Don't think it is the equipment though as still see higher speed sporadically.

My Outroute ID 35 is something new.

I'm sorry to hear that BirdDog. Please expect your account to be credited until we address your concerns.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->