cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My late afternoon and evening speed has crashed

Assistant Professor

Re: My late afternoon and evening speed has crashed

Thanks Liz, wasn't looking for any kind of compensation but still appreciated. I just hope it gets fixed sooner than later. Things can move awfully slow in in the engineering world. Hopefully don't have to suffer with this for 6 weeks like the last time. Barbara is a tiny issue compared to this and she's been with me for weeks now.  Smiley Happy
Honorary Alumnus

Only getting 8.6 Mbps here this am.

That is less than 60% of my max plan speeds. I'm calling the NSA, FBI and Pound Buddies.

Professor

Call the BBB, Greg.  Do it!
Assistant Professor

I'd gladly take 8.6 right now, heck with the 60% junk. When it is regularly below 2 Mbps is when I get concerned. I have a serious case of deja vu right now.
Honorary Alumnus

What is modem RAM like?

Gateway weather?

Snowing like a Dog here, want some?

Assistant Professor

This has been going on for awhile now so not Gateway weather, although is going to get bad there according to report. Have rebooted modem to clear RAM. Still getting under 1 Mbps majority of time. Smart aleck chicken!

Can tell you guys are loving this. Hope Karma comes for a visit.  Smiley Tongue
Tutor

This morning mine was averaging 30.79 Mbps. My payback will begin in about 7 hours when my speeds will make yours look wonderful.
Assistant Professor

Even higher speed just during the day would be an improvement for me. I think an engineer "tweaked" something that adversely impacted either just me or others and I'm the only one whose posted here. I always worry when my system settings change like Outroute ID then suddenly experience a degradation.

Have you looked at my speeds? Far from wonderful.

Hi BirdDog,

Just got off the phone with the engineer. Apparently there was a capacity expansion on your beam last Tuesday, so we're unsure why you're experiencing degraded speeds.

He was looking at your terminal while we spoke and just like my diagnostics, nothing looked out of the ordinary. The engineer will put a health monitor on your terminal to observe your performance over the weekend. He'll share his findings with me next week; hopefully we'll have some insight into what's going on. I'll keep you updated.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Assistant Professor

Thanks Liz, at least it's being worked. Capacity expansion.....lol. Guess they're taking from me to give to others. After all it 'Tis The Season.

If you look at the latest tests last night and today the patient definitely is not healthy. I'm gonna have a long weekend if the better half can't watch her "Crown" on Netflix. Fingers crossed it will still work OK on low def.