My modem won't work

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saleask
New Poster

My modem won't work

I lost my internet service this morning my modem only has the very top light and bottom light! Our data just renewed yesterday! And we just paid our bill yesterday!
6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Saleask 

If you haven't already, try power cycling your HughesNet modem.  To do so, unplug the modem at either the the power pack or the outlet (NOT at the back of the modem), wait about a minute, then plug it back in.  Then wait about five minutes for it to be fully back up and see if it is then working.  

If not, please try opening the System Control Center (click the link), preferably using a device that is connected directly to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (not WiFi).  If you can successfully open the System Control Center, please then go to this page, and if you see a State Code other than 0.0.0 listed in the System Summary Box, please let us know what it is.  

If power cycling the modem fixes the problem, please reply to let us know.  

I can't even open the system control center once I get home there is no cell service and we don't have a phone line set up.. Not sure what else we can do.. There's only one technician on our remote island here. Were gonna try the reset button again when we get home
GabeU

@Saleask 

You're only able to open the System Control Center while directly connected to the HughesNet modem.  It can't be opened remotely, as the page is actually a part of the modem itself.  

Try the rest button again?  Be VERY careful with that reset button.  If you hold that button in for too long it will throw the modem back into a factory state, which may require a tech visit to fix, which you would be responsible for paying due to causing the state.  You should not press that reset button unless specifically instructed to by a HughesNet rep, and then only using the instructions that they provide.  

When a rep sees this they will probably try running remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment, so please be sure to leave your HughesNet modem plugged in.  Also, make sure that the coax connector at the back of the modem is finger tight.  It doesn't need to be tighter than this, but it shouldn't be loose.  

Nothing. Nothing is working. I called the tech here in my town but he wouldn't come to my house fix it. We just paid bill on the 24th
maratsade

Maybe the Hughesnet staff on this site will have a look at your modem from their side and provide a better solution, depending on what they find.  

Saleask wrote:
Nothing. Nothing is working. I called the tech here in my town but he wouldn't come to my house fix it. We just paid bill on the 24th

@Saleask,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Please make sure you are calling the number 888-999-4132. You may need to also provide the tech with your FSO/order number. I will private message you this information to assist with your call. 

-Damian