My password on HT2000W modem stopped working

My password no longer works.

13 REPLIES 13
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

password to log in and manage HT2000w settings

uh
Sophomore

Tried reset on back. No change, can't log in. Tried my password, of course, and also tried "admin". No change. Will unplugging it and plugging it back in totally reset it?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@uh

First, please don't touch that reset button on the back of the modem without first being instructed to, as you can do more harm than good.  

So the admin password used to work but no longer does? 

Exactly

uh
Sophomore

Wouldn't the instructions to not touch the reset button unless told to do so be good to say in the modem instruction manual or somewhere?

GabeU

@uh wrote:

Wouldn't the instructions to not touch the reset button unless told to do so be good to say in the modem instruction manual or somewhere?

Actually, yes, it would.  It could help keep someone from a massive headache.  A good idea, for sure.  

I know you alluded to this is your previous post, but have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?  If not, unplug it at the outlet, wait about a minute, then plug it back in.  I don't know that this will have any effect on it as it doesn't really reset the modem, but it does restart it, which may get it back in working order, so it's worth a try. 

Please post back if it worked or not.   

I did try that before but only by unpplugging the power from the back of the modemfor about ten seconds, then retrying. No change. I'll try your method later today. Thanks.

GabeU

@uh wrote:

I did try that before but only by unpplugging the power from the back of the modemfor about ten seconds, then retrying. No change. I'll try your method later today. Thanks.

Please make sure to leave the power plug at the back of the modem plugged in.  It's a delicate type of connector and not designed to be used for power disconnection/reconnection.  

Tried it. No luck. Still locked out.

GabeU

@uh

No doubt it's something the reps are going to need to help with.  They'll be back tomorrow (Monday), but it may take a day or two for them to reply.  I'll tag them so that they will see this thread and help you.  

@Liz

@Amanda

Thanks

Hello uh,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!