Re: My password on HT2000W modem stopped working

uh
Sophomore

password to log in and manage HT2000w settings

uh
Sophomore

Tried reset on back. No change, can't log in. Tried my password, of course, and also tried "admin". No change. Will unplugging it and plugging it back in totally reset it?

Distinguished Professor IV

@uh

First, please don't touch that reset button on the back of the modem without first being instructed to, as you can do more harm than good.  

So the admin password used to work but no longer does? 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
uh
Sophomore

Exactly

uh
Sophomore

Wouldn't the instructions to not touch the reset button unless told to do so be good to say in the modem instruction manual or somewhere?

@uh wrote:

Wouldn't the instructions to not touch the reset button unless told to do so be good to say in the modem instruction manual or somewhere?

Actually, yes, it would.  It could help keep someone from a massive headache.  A good idea, for sure.  

I know you alluded to this is your previous post, but have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?  If not, unplug it at the outlet, wait about a minute, then plug it back in.  I don't know that this will have any effect on it as it doesn't really reset the modem, but it does restart it, which may get it back in working order, so it's worth a try. 

Please post back if it worked or not.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
uh
Sophomore

I did try that before but only by unpplugging the power from the back of the modemfor about ten seconds, then retrying. No change. I'll try your method later today. Thanks.

@uh wrote:

I did try that before but only by unpplugging the power from the back of the modemfor about ten seconds, then retrying. No change. I'll try your method later today. Thanks.

Please make sure to leave the power plug at the back of the modem plugged in.  It's a delicate type of connector and not designed to be used for power disconnection/reconnection.