cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone service is not working.

New Poster

My phone service is not working.

Please help, our phone stopping working.  No dial tone, but phone's display says "Line in Use".  Attached is a picture of the INNO Media device.  Thanks.INNO Media.jpg

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: My phone service is not working.

Hi tmchief,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We can definitely work with you to get your phone working again. I double-checked your internet just to be sure all was good there and that's all clear.

Next thing is to ensure that your network setup is correct and securely connected. No dial tone can be caused by a loose connection. Check the cables on the Innomedia ATA at both ends, making sure they are seated all the way in their ports. Make sure you're only using the Phone 1 port on the ATA. If you need a step by step reference for setup, here's the user guide.

If the cables are all secure, the ATA is connected as above in the diagram, but that VOIP LED is still not lit, please follow these steps in this order:

1. Power down the Modem, the router/PC, then the ATA. (For the devices with no power button, just disconnect that device's power cable from its power brick)
  2. Reset the phone line cable at both ends.
  3. Power up the modem, router/PC, and finally, the ATA.

Let me know which LEDs are lit if the dial tone has not been restored. Please also provide the following info:

When did you first notice the lack of dial tone?

When was the last time you successfully made a call?

Were there any changes to your system since that last call and the time you lost dial tone?

Have you had dial tone issues in the past?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Re: My phone service is not working.

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->