cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My service is on and off for the last 2 to 3 weeks

Highlighted
Freshman

Re: My service is on and off for the last 2 to 3 weeks

Well I no sooner got my last response typed and sent and I loose my connection again. It seems that the system light goes out on the modem off and on randomly, I believe that's why I'm loosing my connection. They were supposed to have moved my dish remotely from where they are at, but it still does the same thing, off then on then back on again all day long ??

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

They can't move/aim the dish remotely, there is no mechanism to do so. It takes a tech visit to repoint the dish.

Highlighted
Freshman

Well that's nice and reassuring to hear, since the lady my wife talked to said they would have to reaim the dish for the gen 5 upgrade anyway and would do it remotely. So basically the lady did her job she sold us and upgrade and a big load of BS for more money per month, and I still have internet that is on and off constantly. Well at least HN has some good sales people.
Highlighted

Good morning alpine5575,

Please accept my apologies for the late response to you. I was able to research your account and see that the replacement modem should arrive by tomorrow. There is scheduled maintenance for that should help with those disconnection issues you have been experiencing which should occur overnight tonight. 

Regarding the remote re-pointing of the dish, BirdDog is correct that we do not have this capability. I have found the agent and call you mentioned and will review it. In the meantime, I will be applying a credit to your account. Tomorrow morning,or when you first try to use the internet service, please power-cycle your modem before you begin browsing or replace the modem with your new one if it has arrived by then (which ever comes first). If you have any questions or concerns please let me know. 

Thank you

Amanda

Highlighted
Freshman

Amanda, Thank You for the reply back. I received the modem today and everything seems to be working now. My wife may have misunderstood what the agent told her about realignment of the dish, but as of now it seems to work fine so far. 

Thanks Again !!

Tags (1)