cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My slow internet speed problem has not been resolved. My problem was escalated to engineers and has

Highlighted

My slow internet speed problem has not been resolved. My problem was escalated to engineers and has

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: My slow internet speed problem has not been resolved. My problem was escalated to engineers and

You will need to provide more detail about what's going on. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: My slow internet speed problem has not been resolved. My problem was escalated to engineers and

They need more details???  Slow internet should be self explainitory.  Everybody has slow internet.  They should give us months of free service for having to put up with this.  This is not what I am paying big dollars for.

Highlighted
New Poster

More info on what's going on????  Slow internet is self expainitory.  Not a very good stall thechnique.

Highlighted

No one is trying to stall. They're just trying to figure out WHY the user has slow internet.  They can't fix a problem if they don't know where it comes from. In many cases the problem is on HughesNet's side; in many others, it's on the user's side. Trying to determine what's going on is the way problems are solved.  If you would like to troubleshoot issues, start a new topic under Tech Support. This is a support site, not social media. 

FLW wrote:

More info on what's going on????  Slow internet is self expainitory.  Not a very good stall thechnique.

Highlighted

You could always cancel the service if it works so badly for you and you're unwilling to troubleshoot.   No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to stay.

FLW wrote:

They need more details???  Slow internet should be self explainitory.  Everybody has slow internet.  They should give us months of free service for having to put up with this.  This is not what I am paying big dollars for.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@FLW wrote:

Being that you're evidently a mind reader, please help the OP by explaining what the "slow internet speed problem" is specifically referring to and what has been done thus far, if anything, to address the issue, including any troubleshooting that has been performed.  Specific types of downloads?  A site loading issue?  Time outs (specific sites?)?  Things generally taking longer to perform?  Streaming issues?  WiFi?

It would be of great assistance the OP, I'm sure.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

Telling people to cancel allot of times...doesn't help at all, and most likely it just makes the customer more irritated . While I agree that they should post more specific information to help in any way possible, telling people to cancel...not helping. 

Highlighted

Telling people they can cancel is reminding them of  a remedy for their situation. Many people stay with the service and pay more money over the span of the contract than the cost of the ETF. Cancelling is a valid option if their service doesn't work to their satisfaction.

Highlighted
New Poster

I haven’t had hughesnet service a full week yet, and it continues to buffer. I can never watch a full show or movie because it’s buffering every 3 to 5 minutes!