My test results: pbca04

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbca04
Freshman

My test results: pbca04

<a href="https://testmy.net/quickstats/pbca04">pbca04's Speed Test Results</a><iframe loading="lazy" src="https://testmy.net/quickstats/pbca04&f=1" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="380" width="100%"></iframe>

14 REPLIES 14
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You only need this URL: https://testmy.net/quickstats/pbca04&f=1

You will need to use the required fixed file sizes for your downloads as well.   See the procedure detailed here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

This procedure is required to have speed issues addressed via this community. 

GabeU

@pbca04 

Are you using a VPN?  The reason I ask is that your provider is showing as 'Datacamp' and 'Host1plus' rather than 'Hughes', and the server used for a few tests is showing in the Czech Republic rather than somewhere in the US.   

https://testmy.net/quickstats/pbca04

If you are using a VPN, that may very well be the problem, as using a VPN with HughesNet can cause it to slow down considerably.  If this is the case, I would try a few speed tests without using the VPN to see what you get.  VPNs also can't be used when running speed tests for troubleshooting purposes.

Thxs for replying.  In answer to ur ? No I do not use a VPN on my tv others devices yes.  But most of my complaint has been over streaming TV.  As another note in the past it did not matter either way with VPN on the other devices.  And to be completely honest weather has not always been a factor either on some days it can be clear no clouds but the service was slow.  So that too was not a factor.

Again thxs for the replay

Hi pbca04

This test is meant to determine the max speeds your setup can support, so that it can rule in or out issues with your modem, dish, etc.  So it is important that you not use a VPN or have other devices connected that can interfere with the test. 

Ok I think I did everything correct, hopefully.

Here is my test results address:  https://testmy.net/quickstats/pbca04

I believe the correct areas for the test will fall between 2pm-10pm, sunday Jan 24

Thxs

Cate

This should be the entire address.

https://testmy.net/quickstats/pbca04&f=1

Thxs Cate

Hi pbca04,

Thanks for reaching out and working with the community to address your concerns. As I understand it, your main concern is with streaming, correct? Please tell me more about your streaming experience so we can better focus our efforts:

1. What is happening when you view videos?

2. Which streaming service are you trying to use?

3. Are you having this issue with any other streaming service?

4. Are you streaming through a Smart TV or other device?

5. Are you having this issue on other devices?

6. Have you tried streaming on another device; if so, did streaming work without an issue?

I tried running diagnostics on your site, but I couldn't communicate with it, was the modem unplugged from the power? Is your internet generally working?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning pbca04,

Thank you for your PM from last night, I still need answers to my questions in my last post in your thread so we know where to focus.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi,

I sent these to u last week after the email was received. but here is another copy:

On Monday, January 25, 2021, 11:09:57 AM CST, HughesNet Community Mailer <hughesnetcommunity@hughes.net> wrote:
Hi pbca04,
Liz (Moderator) posted a new reply in Tech Support on 01-25-2021 12:09 PM :
Re: My test results: pbca04
Hi pbca04,
Thanks for reaching out and working with the community to address your concerns. As I understand it, your main concern is with streaming, correct? Please tell me more about your streaming experience so we can better focus our efforts:

1. What is happening when you view videos? Constant buffering on the TV or lost connection is what comes up on screen.

2. Which streaming service are you trying to use? Roku is the device used on the TV it is a Samsung TV. I use multiple apps on the TV.

3. Are you having this issue with any other streaming service? Yes I had the same problems on my ipad streaming apple TV, and a few others I tryed streaming.

4. Are you streaming through a Smart TV or other device? Yes Samsung.

5. Are you having this issue on other devices? Yes ipad, laptop. I sometimes have problem with just email and surfing the web. Happens alot on you tube, mostly nethg with videos. But sometimes it can b as simple as web mail. It takes forever to close out a site or go from one box to another. I've used other devices and the same thing applies so its not one particular device in ? here.

6. Have you tried streaming on another device; if so, did streaming work without an issue? Yes I tred streaming on my ipad and laptop.

I tried running diagnostics on your site, but I couldn't communicate with it, was the modem unplugged from the power? Is your internet generally working? Yes probably I unplug the modem at night. Sometimes during the day.Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.
Thanks,
Liz

Hi pbca04,

Thank you for sending along this info, this helps a lot! I was also able to run diagnostics on your site, apparently it's been subject to the Fair Access Policy since the 24th. I know you started this thread on the 20th, but there aren't any usable speed test results from the period before running out of monthly data.

Regardless, I've just sent you some complimentary tokens to use whenever you're ready to troubleshoot, so you may have received an emailed order confirmation for the tokens.

Good to know which devices (Roku and Samsung smart TV) you're using to stream, let's take those out of the picture for troubleshooting purposes and try streaming on the native site.

By this I mean, if you're trying to watch Netflix via Roku or smart TV, try watching it via the Netflix website on your computer.

Furthermore, I suggest isolating the computer on which you try watching Netflix (or whichever streaming service you use). 

To do this, plug that computer directly to the HughesNet modem via ethernet cable.

Disconnect any other device hooked up to the modem.

Then disable wifi on the modem by using this guide. You'll want to go to the section labeled "How do I manage my built-in Wi-Fi modem?"

Uncheck the box next to SSID Enable then click the SAVE SETTINGS button at the bottom.

Make sure to repeat those steps under each tab for 2.4 GHz, 2.4 GHz Guest, 5 GHz, and 5 GHz Guest to disable all those networks.

This will ensure that your computer connected via ethernet cable is the only one using the internet.

Try streaming and see if you notice any improvement.

Thanks,

Liz

Hi pbca04,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

Reopening thread.

GabeU

@pbca04 

Yep.  That's good.  Regarding the test links, they both show the same thing, just in different formats, but the first one is best.

https://testmy.net/quickstats/pbca04

You definitely have slow speed, that's for sure.  The only time it should be that slow is when you're out of data and throttled.  

The reps will be back on tomorrow.  The should reply then.  🙂

GabeU

@pbca04 

Just so there's no confusion, in order for the reps to be able to help they'll need results from tests run on a computer while NOT using a VPN, so please be sure to turn off/disable the VPN while running the tests.  The speed tests are the first step in the troubleshooting process, and while the reps can remotely check your network speed, they can't see the actual speed to your device, which is what the test results will provide.  

Of course, you're certainly free to use a VPN at any time and with device you wish, or even on your entire network, but only that, when it comes to the speed testing for troubleshooting purposes, it needs to be disabled/turned off.

The reps won't be back until Monday, so if you've got some free time I would try to run a batch of 3-5 tests a few different times of the day.  The best is a batch in the morning, afternoon and evening, but they know it's not convenient for everyone to do this, so just when you can.  You can also automate it by setting up the Automatic Test page like the following, which will run five of each test, with each test spaced five minutes from the like test.  On the main testmy page click Automatic Speed Test on the lower right.  Make sure to set it up just like shown, though you can use whichever 'Identifier' you choose, if you want to use a different one.  

Capture.PNG

After you click 'Start Automatic Test', make sure leave the browser page open so that the tests can complete.  It'll take around twenty minutes or so for all five of each test to run, though if each test takes a good bit of time the whole test batch may take longer.  And, of course, please make sure that the WiFi in the HT2000W modem is disabled, which ensures that no WiFi connected devices can sap any bandwidth while the tests are being run.  Instructions for disabling the WiFi are in the testing instructions link maratsade provided.  Just to be thorough, I'll provide a little more thorough set of speed testing instructions below.

Hope this helps.  🙂  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account (if you do not already have one) and, while signed into that account, perform a batch of 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share your testmy.net "My Results" page URL with us here. A batch each in the morning, afternoon and evening is the most ideal, but the reps are well aware that not everyone can do this, so please just run a batch when you can.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem while the speed tests are being performed
-the testing device should be the ONLY device connected to the HughesNet modem while testing
-use the manual 25MB size download test file
-if testing upload instead of download, use the manual 4MB size upload test file
-space each test in the batch at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please see this site.

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

If you don't know how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem, please see "How do I manage my built-in WiFi modem?" in this PDF. Please be sure to click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, then 2.4Ghz Guest, then 5Ghz, then 5Ghz Guest).