cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysterious "leakage of data" what is that ?

Mysterious "leakage of data" what is that ?

I've only been a HN client for a few months and each month I end up blowing through my 15GB in 4 or 5 days. First month I called and said I had checked and confirmed I had enough data available in my package before installing a new new iOS and it got close to the end, the system sent a red flag that crashed the down load, so the c/s agent said they'd give me back my data in tokens, no problem.  2nd month my data was gone in 4 days, c/s agent said it looked like I probably had some 'data leakage', they were able to review my router while I was on the phone with them and said, yes I had data leakage and they had just fixed it but wouldn't give me any tokens...I fussed and got the tokens. This month it was 14 days...I don't have any oddball electronics, I began switching wifi off when I get done with a task, which is a pain, but I can do it, but it doesn't seem to be working. I have a nice netgear router...suggestions or advice please?
14 REPLIES 14
Associate Professor

Re: Mysterious "leakage of data" what is that ?

Assistant Professor

Since iOS we may be talking a tablet here with no Ethernet port. Msbhav, what kind of device do you have?

Tablets are bad about updating apps in the background and syncing to the cloud. Need to turn all syncing and cloud services off.
Associate Professor
Assistant Professor

Duh.  Smiley Happy

Still be sure to pull the router also.

do not fool with the tech's on hughnet... call the office of the president of hughesnet in brownsville texas.. the techs you get when you call hughesnet are answering questions about washers and driers and refrigerators when they are not talking loss of data.. they know nothing about hughesnet.. they are scripted.. the number is 1 866  636 0012.. these people know what they are talking about and they are Hughesnet people  not on a roll with washers and refrigerators and taking polls on many other things...  they fixed a seemingly impossible problem i ve had with hughesnet for several weeks now.. even refunded my lost data..  this loss of data is a serious thing that is nation wide.  fcc is aware of it and /but im afraid its gonna be hid behind the curtains if people dont write their congressman and the FCC.. 

for 8 solid years i never   not once  did i run out of data.. the came Gen 4 modem and that ended that..  my allowance vanished in less than 3 days.. over and over.. i had five token saved up and my 10g and the five token were gone immediately... call the office of he president and lets get this thing noticed...
Freshman

The people assigned to moderate this board work on the same floor. They escalated my speed problem and got it resolved. They are here business hours, M-F.
Associate Professor

" office of the president of hughesnet in brownsville texas"

You are aware Hughesnet is based in Germantown Maryland, correct?

You are aware that the moderators here work in pretty much the same building as the rest of the executives, correct?
Assistant Professor

Wasn't going to burst her bubble but Brownsville probably does seem like executive support if used to the overseas call centers.