Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW CUSTOMER! EXTREMELY UPSET!!!

Assistant Professor

Re: NEW CUSTOMER! EXTREMELY UPSET!!!

And/or OTA antenna TV.
Advanced Tutor

Yep. I forget about those. We have one customer pulling in about 30 channels for free.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

Other option, mine, use the Netflix DVD option.

whatever you do do not purchase tokens. That is another rip off . 
Highlighted

do not ever purchase tokens they are a huge rip off and I am rural as well and so unhappy with hughesnet. I had better sevice with virginmobile mifi hotspot. SO much upset that I am thinking about going back. At least when my data was used up my slow down speeds were still 10 times faster than hughesnet slow down speeds.

hughenet reps will give you the same run around all day about the data usage saying it a data leak on your end when it is not. as for netflix we watch several movies in the lowest SD setting and it does not use that much data
Associate Professor

Hey Alan

I get about 41 channels on my OTA but only about 10 of them are worth wile.   However I get over 150 channels on DirecTv and only about 10 of them are worth wile.

Can anyone tell me why Hughes Net would give you 10g's in the daytime and 50g's from 2:00am-8:00am?? I guess they want our kids to stay awake at night to do their homework . They obviously are NOT a kid friendly company that they try to promote they are. I guess they think it's ok for the kids to sleep in class after staying awake all night to do their homework. I think that Hughes Net takes advantage of people who live in the country by overcharging them fully knowing that they are the the only company in the area. They also tell you one thing and then after you agree they change and say whatever they want because they use the fact of a contract to get every dollar you have. If anyone is considering using Hughes Net you better think long and hard .
Associate Professor

Because the 2:00AM to 8:00AM period is so lightly used, Hughes is able to provide a higher allowance during that time period.  It used to be the same as what ever your daily allowance was, but Hughes decided to increase it to 50GB since speed quality isn't as important, and very few people use the system at that time regardless.