cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW CUSTOMER! EXTREMELY UPSET!!!

NEW CUSTOMER! EXTREMELY UPSET!!!

I am trying to understand how 2 people have used almost 10 GB in 2 days when we used 10GB in almost a month our first billing cycle. I understand streaming NetFlix takes up a lot of data, but we had NetFlix last month and used it more than we have in the past 2 days. I NEED some explanation/help/compensation for such crummy "first impression" of your service. It is a shame that those of in rural areas are held hostage by companies like HughesNet.
25 REPLIES 25
Assistant Professor

Re: NEW CUSTOMER! EXTREMELY UPSET!!!

For the first 20 days of your first month you get unlimited data to catch up on updates and such. You didn't notice the usage meter(s) resetting?

As far as Netflix you must set it to playback in SD or preferably low definition unless you want to blow through all your data with a couple movies. You also should not expect 10 GB of data to allow you to stream as much as you want. You have to average about 330 MB of usage per day for the month.

Thank you for your comment. Upon signing up I was not informed of the unlimited data nor was I informed of the data being used up so quickly. My conversation with the rep was as such "we have a tv and a laptop that will be streaming NetFlix possibly everyday. Will 10GB be enough?" Their response "Oh yes!" LIES!!!

The first month or two we receive bonus gb. Following that we are on our regular plan is what I was told when I asked a representative. I would not have this service if I had another choice. Very disappointed also! Inn my experience Netflix drains the gb! 3 -4 episodes of 1 hour shows can drain almost 10 gb.
Assistant Professor

Well, they will check what was said. Will be tomorrow before official reps are back. I'm just a customer also.
Assistant Professor

Once again, have to set it to SD or better yet low definition. The setting is in your Netflix account settings.

Even setting it a the low setting eats it up. I changed it prior to our month renewing.

I understand. I knew you were a customer as well. I was just venting.
Assistant Professor

Yes, as stated here: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87

No matter what plan you have, HughesNet is not designed to be a 24/7 video streaming service. Again, they will review the sales call.

From the link I posted:

To select a setting that works best for your Internet plan, navigate to the Your Account page and select Playback settings in the Your Profile section. It can take up to 8 hours for these changes to take effect.
Advanced Tutor

If you're on HughesNet, recommend you consider getting a satellite TV system as well to help take care of your video needs.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com