NEW PHONE WANT CONNECT TO WIFI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coop9978
New Poster

NEW PHONE WANT CONNECT TO WIFI

My phone doesn't connect to the wifi and I have tried many times and check and double check everything out.

? What can I do to solve this problem, thanks Dave

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Dave, are you using the HughesNet Voice service?   HughesNet does not work well for wifi calling unless you use HughesNet Voice. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Coop9978 

Are you trying to connect to the 5GHz band?   Some cell phones can only utilize the 2.4GHz WiFi band, and if the 2.4GHz band has been disabled in the modem the phone may not see any WiFi at all.

Ensure that the WiFi in the HughesNet modem is turned on.  You can do so by going to the System Control Center, clicking on WiFi Settings on the left, using admin as the password to sign in, then ensuring that both SSID Enable and SSID Broadcast are checked for both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. 

Here is a HT2000W User Sheet that may also come in handy.  "How do I manage my built in WiFi modem?" is the section you want to focus on.

Liz

Good morning Coop9978, 

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!