cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW UPGRADE IN THE FUTURE? UNLIMITED DATA??

Re: NEW UPGRADE IN THE FUTURE? UNLIMITED DATA??

evening Amanda !!!
Highlighted

Thank you Amanda! I did not think that Hughes Net would be getting unlimited internet. Does anyone offer it? The highest amount offered is 60 Megs, at least around where I live, and that is Charter. Can you really call that unlimited? I am not saying it isn't great, but just don't think it is unlimited. But what ever happens with your new satellite I will look forward to seeing how it is!

I have the fastest internet around,, we have Fiber all the way to our house,, and we can get 1000 mb and it is unlimited. I am currently on 30 meg.

Hello Janice,

It's nice to see you around again Smiley Happy
Some companies like Google Fiber offer unlimited, but there are some you'd never suspect to have a cap, like Comcast. Comcast has data caps and WILL charge overages!  There are some ISP's that boast "virtually unlimited", but you still have a cap. The way that the internet is moving now, everyone on every ISP will eventually have a data cap. There is too much free-flowing information on the internet, too many online devices and too many users (with more growing up to be users!) for the internet to remain "unlimited" for very anyone very long.

Thanks
Amanda

I do not see how unlimited will be possible on Satellite Internet or Mobile Broadband.  It would cause so much congestion that it would defeat itself.  The price of such a service would be unjustifiable  for most folks.  Maybe a business that is out of the reach of DSL or cable could benefit but as far as a consumer base that would be very Insupportable .

Morning , Gary and scott ,  for your information,   Scott, land base is far more superior than sat based internet , and is for the people who have no other options , so lucky you but the rest of us have to get what we can and options are slim , BUT my Hughes-Net service is great too and  will be here for a long time as I'm satisfied with my service, i receive !!!!

Hey Christopher

I have been gone for awhile the VA has been keeping me busy with Test, Labs, Physical Therapy and all kinds of mean evil things. Really all the bad stuff you hear about the VA I have been treated extremely well.  But that isn't what I had to say.  I have had Hughes for just over a year and love the service I get.  This is the by far the best internet I have had out here.  Of course I have only been here 27 years so haven't had much time to compare the options.  
Assistant Professor

You're funny Jezra.  Smiley Happy

Many things are possible but never get done. They could do that but I'd wager the cost of the plan would be huge.

I guess possible and practicable are two different things.  If the consumer base is limited then the price is high.  If the consumer base is larger the price will decrease but the quality of service will decay in proportion.  For unlimited 24/7 Internet via satellite the price would be in the neighbourhood of $300.00 or more just to justify the service.  Along with that the customers with lower plans would suffer by the congestion caused by the unlimited usage. 

For a Corporation to survive they must retain their profit margin.  A lot of folks that complain about corporate profits get profit and profit margin confused. So if the consumer base is lower the price is higher for the user.  So to those that say, "All you care about is profit and keeping the stockholders happy." Sure they do if not they would go bankrupt they are in business to make a profit and stay within their profit margin.

yes I understand that Christopher,, and I am lucky..... I mean I install Hughesnet,,, but would not have it even if my company gave it to me because my internet is the best!!!!  As far as the internet being able to be unlimited Gary I am unsure. They are saying that the new Sat will be the largest capacity of any sat out there. Just unsure exactly how that works