cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW UPGRADE IN THE FUTURE? UNLIMITED DATA??

NEW UPGRADE IN THE FUTURE? UNLIMITED DATA??

OUR BOSS HAS TOLD US THAT WE WILL BE UPGRADING THE GEN 4 SOON, AND IT WILL BE AN UNLIMITED DATA PLAN. HAS ANYONE HEARD THIS???
52 REPLIES 52
New Poster

Re: NEW UPGRADE IN THE FUTURE? UNLIMITED DATA??

I'm new to this forum, so bear with me... Does your boss work at HughesNet? The preface to your question makes it sound that way...
Assistant Professor

Think he is saying the place he works uses HughesNet.
I don't believe there are even any business plans with unlimited.

If it is slower than dial-up, what good is it if it is unlimited?

I am an installer for hughes,, and our boss just told us this yesterday. the way he explained it was that we will be changing out the Gen 4 soon,,,, not sure if it will be changing the modem,, tria or both or maybe just changing the settings of the system. He did say that it would be an unlimited data plan,,,, but I didnt think we could offer that because the FCC governs the usage,,, not Hughes.
New Poster

Daniel if yours is running that slow then i would suggest that you start a post of your own and the mods can fix it for you
New Poster

Also I personally I have not heard of a unlimited plan but would love to see them offer it
New Poster

I wonder if he is talking about the new sat. That launches next year

well I have heard that also,, but cant find any info that they are launching new sat

that's a new one on me !!!  but could you image the cost of that one !!!!  and the confusion of such mass usage,  24 / 7   it would take more than one satellite , gateways and all to even stroll down that alley , at least, that's my way of thing on this !!!!