cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW UPGRADE IN THE FUTURE? UNLIMITED DATA??

Assistant Professor

Re: NEW UPGRADE IN THE FUTURE? UNLIMITED DATA??

In my opinion, I agree with you Christopher! I think it will never happen and probably not in the next lifetime either! 
Associate Professor

Scott, chances are it wont be unlimited, but virtually unlimited, as in, very high allowances compared to now.  Even the current Ultra plan with 50/50GB satisfies most customers on Gen4.

As for changing out the Gen4 equipment, that shouldn't be happening because I want to say the Jupiter 2 and Jupiter 1 satellites will use the same radio and modem.  Though it's highly possible Hughes will have an entirely different modem/radio for Jupiter2.

If you are on the edge of the current Jupiter footprint, those are the only areas where you will be installing both Jupiter1 and Jupiter2 equipment, as Jupiter2 most likely will only be used for the Central portions of the states where Jupiter1 can't reach.  If you are close to the east coast you will only ever deal with Jupiter1 unless Jupiter2 manages to somehow cover the entire USA it self.
Assistant Professor

I think projected customer base will also play a very big part in what finally happens coverage and data allowance wise.

And yea, the 50/50 is pretty sweet.
Associate Professor

For some reason I feel Hughes can't go based upon customer projections alone... They really need to slightly over-estimate user base wanting Jupiter2 in the end.

It wont happen, they make to much on us country folks who dont have a choice,,it really makes me mad..
Wish I never signed up, 70 a month for 10 g!!! A joke,

Another thing, If they can give you 50g at night, why the heck cant they give you 50 g in daytime? 
Associate Professor

Nancy, they do that for a reason, there are fewer people online at night than there are at day.  The allowance is a form of bandwidth control over time.  

Hi Scott,

Unfortunately we do not have unlimited plans and your boss may be mistaken. I am curious of what installation company you are with?

We all know there is another satellite coming, but personally do not know the extent of what our future plans will look like. As we get closer, we will definitely start making some announcements.

Thanks,
Amanda

Nancy: Another result of the 50G at night is to influence large data transfers to the less used times of day, eliminating their potential impact on the day-time users. Just another variable in the complex management of satellite Internet.