cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW UPGRADE IN THE FUTURE? UNLIMITED DATA??

Re: NEW UPGRADE IN THE FUTURE? UNLIMITED DATA??

Even throttled it beats the pants off Dial-up
Assistant Professor

Every other service I can think of beats dial-up, except maybe smoke signals.  Smiley Happy

Oh, oh, telegraph......does that even exist anymore?

My name is Morgan .And the installer for me said exceed is getting ready to go bankrupt and Hughes is in talks to by them out? has anyone heard about this?? Because if so with exceed satellite it could happen unlimited.??? But with the new sat launch coming soon that's got to be a big helper.

Hello Morgan,

We haven't heard that rumor yet! Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Amanda
Assistant Professor

Honestly don't think it would benefit present HughesNet customers in a significant way even if it turns out to be more than a rumor.
Chances are the Exede customers would simply keep what they have and ownership would transfer to HughesNet. So not like there would suddenly be a huge jump in bandwidth available or coverage area.
Now if HughesNet also took over the new satellite they are planning to launch that would be a whole different story. That would mean two new satellites in a very short period both owned by HughesNet.
I'd be very surprised if the rumor is true though.
Associate Professor

Assistant Professor

Good point, I forgot about big daddy corporation.  Smiley Happy

Seriously doubt it is true anyway. Haven't checked their stock price.

EDIT: Well, their stock holders don't seem concerned, mild fluctuation is all. Could be some people trying to get the stock to go down and buy on the cheap. Been done before. Wall Street feeds on rumors.

There going to have to offer a unlimited plan soon just to stay competative. Think about it !!!They all ready have a 50/50 plan for most. and i just found out where i live some time in October i will be able to have fiber optics internet. thank GOD no data cap!!!! like 35 meg download 5 meg upload for 45 bucks a month. thank you ATT soon no more caps but if Hughes calls me and offer me a 50 /50 plan i would consider??? since everything is all ready working good. but they will not. i like the concept of hughes but the data cap is a crapy part of it. and man there is a lot of un happy folks here. I just got because there was no other way out to the internet. I waiting to try out there smart browsing see if it worth anything. I got my fingers crossed. take care all
Associate Professor

Yes Charles , I have a cap on my new service with Comcast, used to be 250, now 300GB monthly. The old gauge still says 250, but then right below it says its been waived. Many of these companies now understand and realize that to compete and keep customers, they have to offer faster speeds and higher caps....if the market they are in can support it.