Hughesnet Community

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karenandbobby01

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER

my data is going fast.  i took a screen shot of my data usuage for the day at 930 pm on 3-30-2016 and unplugged my modum from the wall and turned it back on at 4.00 pm this afternoon and took another screen shot og my data usuage and my data is still being used when there is no service plugged up i went from37% to 35% when my service wasnt even plugged in.  I am not happy at all with my service but this is the only service in my area.  the way the service is doing it would be better to my even have the service.  but because of the early disconection fee of 400 dollars i m stuck under a 2 year contract and trust me i am counting the days.  i got this service for my kids to do there school work but the data is gone and they dont even get to use it.  I was trying to post my screen shots but it isn't letting me I will try post it later if I can
3 REPLIES 3
Amanda

Hi karenandbobby01

This is pretty interesting! Did you use your service at all before you unplugged it (as in, right before)? Do you have a recent case number or the serial number of your modem that we can use to find your account and investigate with you?
We look forward to your response

Thank you
Amanda
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

The meters don't report usage immediately, there is some delay. If you turn the computer off immediately after using the internet then you might not see the data usage reported until you power back up. Could be about 3-5 minutes worth, maybe more, never really tested it but I know there is a delay.
deepdiver1
Sophomore

Once the rep gets the serial number they can access your modem and get a better idea of when it was unplugged. Maybe also when the data was used I hope.