Nearly unusable connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hamradio
Senior

Nearly unusable connection

Here we go again! About a week ago I called phone support about the problems. Was issued ticket # 125796 184. Engineering never called back. I called support again on 12-21-2019. They checked my ticket and said I wanted to know how satellite internet worked. Wrong! I gave them a laundry list of symptoms that they apparently ignored. I ran through my list of symptoms again. I was then forced to jump through the usual hoops (again) before any action would be taken. I complied. They then issued a new trouble ticket, # 126031828 and said engineering would call. I hope they follow through this time!!!! Symptoms: * Although testmy.net has sometimes previously indicated =>20 Mbps the actual *throughput* has been abominable for a long time. * Testmy also sometimes reports download speeds well in excess of 1,500 Mbps which is impossible. * Today testmy.net was indicating a download of ~3 Mbps using 25 MB testing and the actual throughput is even worse than usual * Testmy.net connection chronically dropped and reconnected. * Testmy.net hung and failed the latency test. * There are very, very long pauses during a web page load. Simply no activity, waiting... * Youtube low res videos constantly buffering. I don't even try streaming large videos, movies, etc. That is hopeless. * Often a web page fails to load at all. Repeated "reload" clicks will usually finally load the web site. * Testmy.net results: https://testmy.net/quickstats/KZ4AK Power down resetting of the HT2000W and flushing DNS have not effect. Signal:112, IPGW ID J2SDO068HNSIGW0103, ESN 13179424, Diagnostic Code 0000-0000-0000-0005 I am waiting for the call back from engineering sometime next week . If they bother to call back... It seems that Hnet is happy to sell their service with a draconian contract but do not provide the service advertised. If any Hnet moderators can help with this it would be very much appreciated!!! Woody - KZ4AK @Liz @Damian

70 REPLIES 70