cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Re-Aiming Dish

Re: Need Help Re-Aiming Dish

Great, thank you again for the quick turnarounds. I will let you know which date and time I can get you. Send me an email to communitysupport@hughes.com with your username and the phone numbers so I can put them in the order.

Thanks,
Amanda
Highlighted
Sophomore

Thanks - you should have an e-mail from me from last night.

Hi guppypond,

The order has been created and fees waived. We've left all specific instructions in the order for the technician. 
Our case number for this is 102008536

The visit is scheduled for 12/29/16 between 11AM and 3PM

The technician may call you to confirm or let you know if there will be a delay in arriving. They have the house phone (landline) as well as all the other contact information you gave me. I do hope this solves your issue once and for all. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you or if you still experience connectivity problems after the visit.

Thank you & Happy Holidays
Amanda
Sophomore

Thank you Amanda!    Happy Holidays to you also.   I will follow up and let you know how it goes.
Sophomore

Hi Amanda - just following up.   Unfortunately, we still have not had an on-site visit.   A contractor named Justice (last 4 of the phone number is 9905) from Stockton (80 miles from the service location) called, and performed remote diagnostics and updated software on the modem.   The people who were staying at the vacation home were not familiar with the details and how hard I have been working to get someone out to check the equipment and aim of our dish.  I was at our place briefly this weekend, and things seem to be working better than they were 5 weeks ago. Received signal strength was up to 154, up from the 90s, but still not the 174 use used to see.   (I know signal strength does not correlate to throughput).  I explained the vacation home status to Justice and he suggested scheduling another appointment.   However, we missed a golden opportunity and I don't know when someone will be there to meet a contractor.   I would like to have someone to contact when it is possible to schedule a visit in conjunction with someone being present without having to explain the history and going through all the same steps we have already covered multiple times.   Thanks.

Hello guppypond,

The tech has not gone out? I'm looking at the site visit order and it is closed with the tech saying that an obstruction was removed from the line of sight... If you did not actually get a visit and this order was closed in error, please let me know. 

Thank you
Amanda
Sophomore

Hi Amanda, the family who was present said that they spent about 25 minutes on the phone and confirmed what the tech I spoke with told me ... that the tech uploaded new firmware to the modem.   Neither the tech I spoke with this past weekend, nor the family who was on-premesis before New Years, indicated that a site visit happened.  Your reply is the first I heard of an obstruction being removed.   Perhaps someone came by at a different time that we are unaware of ?  Thanks.

Hi Guppypond

Just an update... A Hughes technician is going to reach out to you and talk to you about setting up a good time for everyone. He will be bringing an extra radio transmitter, as the diagnostics I am seeing are leaning towards moisture in the one you have now. They are a different company and I have provided them all the contact information you gave me. 

Seems like the order was cancelled because of the call that was made. I am very sorry about that, because I feel they really should have gone out there at the very least.  Hope this one is smoother!

Amanda
Sophomore

Hi Amanda, I spoke with the new contractor over the weekend but they are only scheduling site visits M-F 8-5.  Someone was on-site this Monday, but the contractor was already booked. I was pushing for a visit during the holidays because it is going to take a while to find another time when someone will be there and the contractor is available.   Will keep you posted.

Hi guppypond

I've reassigned this to another local team who is available on weekends. I have provided all contact information and they will reach out to you to discuss a date/time to come out. Hopefully this is the easier route. Again, very sorry about all this!

Thanks
Amanda