cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Satisfaction

Honorary Alumnus

Re: Need Satisfaction

Honestly there should be some level of communication between Hughes and their subcontracted repair/installer network.

If you send someone out on a 7000 system repair .. it is incumbent upon Hughes to insure they have some basic parts like modems and radios ... this isn't rocket science here .. we aren't going to Mars ..... it IS supposed to be a business.

Cheryl, Don't fall for the "upgrade run-around"

I'm almost sorry now I even bothered to post .. but there are so few people left in the community with any memory or experience on 6000/7000 systems.

I'm done.

Assistant Professor

I agree Gwalk, seen this scenario play out before though.

feel free to comment on my posts.

If DirecTV has to come out here THEY bring parts with them. But then their customer service is located in my country, the USA.

And if Hughes and DirecTV and Dish didn't spend so much on advertising maybe the customers could get better rates on their monthly bills.

There are a lot of us old people living on fixed incomes and/or small monthly social security checks.

What an adventure life has become.

Highlighted

Thanks for the info Gwalk.

I can't run the tests you suggested since it takes 2 people and I am without help. I don't have close neighbors either.

My signal strength is 53 most of the time, sometimes lower. Customer services says it means nothing.  Hmmmm.

New Poster

Cheryl can you take a piece of string and tie that lose coax back to the pole and see is you have connection, the way the coax is flexing in the wind makes me think its broke causing it to flake out and come back, and maybe it will get you by till they get there
Honorary Alumnus

Cheryl.

I had a DW6000 system from when they first came out, followed by a modem upgrade to a HN7000s.

The signal strengths are "funny" .. being digital there is o correlation between speed and sig strength .. there is how ever a "cut-off" point .. when that cut-off point is reached .. you "loose lock" and are out of business.

The amount of room you have between your MAX and your Cut Off is the amount of "headroom" you have for weather related issues ... a little "out of aim" and general system degradation.

The sig strength of some transponders of some satellites is better than others .. there are no hard fast numbers.]

I am in Michigan, I was on the sat located at 91' W.

In great sunny weather I had a max sig of about 70-72 ... when bad weather would roll in I would stay connected until it degraded to about 40 ... then I lost lock, which causes a lost of service.

If I had a "bad aim" ... lets say .. 50 ish on a good day ... I would not have hat much "headroom" for inclement weather if that makes any sense.

Associate Professor
Honorary Alumnus

It is .. not far above cut-off
New Poster

A lot of those 7000 modems and radios on Ebay Cheap
New Poster

I wonder if they cant supply the parts if hughes would upgrade her to a HN9000 Legacy plan at no cost?