cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Satisfaction

Honorary Alumnus

Re: Need Satisfaction

Good Luck Cheryl, remember, there are a few of us around here that know the systems well enough to keep them "honest".

Hello Cheryl,

Yesterday we received a reply from the distributing company who was, as we are, concerned about the replacement of parts for your system and the pole mount. They are willing to cover the costs on your behalf and resolve this for you. If your technician does not have the necessary parts, we will get them to them. I understand they visited you yesterday, what was the outcome from their visit? Have you noticed any improvement of your connection? Please let us know.

Thank you,

Amanda

I still do not have internet connection! I am using a neighbor's connection to let you know how things went. My neighbor is 15 miles away from me BTW.

The Hughes tech showed up at about 2:30pm and was here for twelve hours. Till about 2:30 in the morning.
He had some used parts and new coax with him. He tried re-aligning the dish, that was not an easy task as we had clouds and it even rained while he was here.

He was going to replace the dish, and I noticed the feedhorn on his used arm was cracked. I wouldn't even known to look for it if I hadn't gotten feedback from Hughes He switched out the radios and found that mine had a broken seal and basically no communication with the system.
He also replaced the coax from dish into the house.

He had a used HN7000s modem that was from another area and probably configured to a different satellite. He could not get signal and we spent hours trying to establish signal, the highest we got it was 59. When the installer called Hughes he was told it had to be brought up to at least 62, we never saw the 60's.

Since he moved the dish around it may not even be aligned right for my old modem to communicate with the satellite.
Basically he replaced everything but the dish, feedhorn and pole. I still have no Internet.
I'm eligible for a free upgrade as far as I know.
I'm not crazy about switching from a daily allowance with free time, to straight monthly allowance.
If I upgrade is the installer going to be here for 12 hours again?

What do you suggest now, for me to get back on line. 

Thanks,

Cheryl

Assistant Professor

Cheryl, so sorry to hear this. I was afraid it would turn into a goat rope and it sure did from the sounds of it. As far as the upgrade, only you can make that decision. It will probably work much better but then it is a monthly allowance. 
Amanda may be able to get better radio and feedhorn shipped to you but then you will be waiting once again with no guarantee. Not getting the signal above 59 is quite concerning.

If Amanda can get me a free upgrade I'LL TAKE IT, and stay with HughesNet.

I'll hang out at my neighbor's home for a while and wait to hear back.

New Poster

Ouch, it sounds like the used stuff he had wasnt any better than your old stuff. If hughes can supply them with reconditioned equipment Modem, Radio, Feedhorn I would try that route first. If thats not possible or doesnt work then maybe just maybe they would upgrade you to a HN9000 Legacy plan which does have the free period, but Im not sure thats even an option any more, I have seen it offered to a business but they pay more also so maybe Amanda can give you some options, but the upgrade would have to be your choice, as sgoshe said only you can can make that decision.

Hi Cheryl,

I just got done reading the technicians notes. I must say I am very sorry he stayed so late and probably kept you up until that time. His notes were as you said, the modem was set for a different set of parameters and every time it would reboot, the old parameters would sneak back in. We can send you a fresh replacement modem or do the upgrade at no cost to you. We're very concerned about the low signal strength and I am not sure that even the correct parameters would have resulted in a higher signal quality - that may just be the highest you can get in your area.

Please keep in mind that a Gen4 upgrade includes a new 24 month commitment and monthly allowance of either 5GB Anytime (5GB Bonus) or 10GB Anytime (10GB Bonus). Currently on the plan you are on you receive 250MB a day (7.5 GB a month), so I believe either of these plans could be usable if you are not a heavy user. If you decide to upgrade, we'll contact you and explain everything that will change in detail.

Send us an email to "communitysupport@hughes.com" with your name and best phone number to reach you. A member of our team will connect with you and discuss options (new modem or upgrade).

Thank you,

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

You may as well do a free upgrade with the Gen4, 10G, and 24 month contract.

I sent my phone number via e-mail but you probably have it on file as well. My neighbor doesn't have the greatest reception so if you get my voice mail please leave a message and a number to call you back.

I will probably be with Hughes Net for the rest of my life as long as I am living in the middle of nowhere. (I doubt I will ever move to a city by choice).
Thanks for getting back with me so quickly.
Cheryl

Highlighted

I'm back on line. The installer was here for 5 hours this time and even had to work in the rain. We

removed the old pole and dug a new hole before he got here. Richard the installer in the pix is about 5'10". (And the pix was taken after sunset). The first modem he installed wouldn't work but thankfully he had another one with him.

One of the installers that was going to come out here said he doesn't do poles. That made me think of my ex-husband that did landscaping but only mowed and edged. I'm glad Richard came out instead of Rusty.

Many thanks to Richard for his work, and thanks going out to Michelle, Amanda and Charles as well.

My connection isn't as fast as I thought it would be but I'm glad I'm back on line. 

Thanks to everyone for your input and getting me back on line.

Cheryl

Hello Cheryl,

We're very happy for you! I am glad we've got you back online, even through all this hard work from everyone. Now that you have this system installed, we can get you upgraded to Connect Pro (Gen4) if you wish, since right now you are currently on a Gen3 Basic Plan. What we had offered was the opportunity to let you test the Gen3 plan before making the leap to Gen4, just in case you still wanted to keep your unlimited overnights and free monthly token. Please let us know if you still want to get on the Connect Pro and we can make it happen!

Thank you,

Amanda