cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Satisfaction

Associate Professor

Re: Need Satisfaction

Well, this makes me a very happy camper to see Hughesnet do, free upgrade, and letting a long good-standing customer keep a legacy plan. Smiley Happy
Honorary Alumnus

Now THAT is what I call Customer Service in spades !
I'm going to chime in with "the Charles's" but Amanda (don't tell Liz !) but THIS is what CS is all about !

I truly Thank You !
New Poster

Hi Cheryl just wanted to see how your system is running, keep us posted Smiley Happy

I no longer Need Satisfaction, I got it! And I thank U.S.A. Customer Service for all they did for me.

I'm so glad I found this web site.

I'm a happy camper being back on line. I was tired of doing housework..... you know "a clean house is a sign of a broken computer".    Smiley Wink 

Thanks again everyone!

Cheryl .

Highlighted
New Poster

Thats Great. enjoy your Holiday weekend

Funny how I had endured over 6 months of terrible service and in the end Hughesnet never was able to get GEN4 service running properly. Even if they would have reverted back to a 9000 modem would have been better, at least for them as I would have remained a paying customer.
Maybe they just didn't want to provide service for me anymore. IDK, never no word as to why it never worked here.
Assistant Professor

Your situation did suck. Maybe they learned something there. One can hope.

I'm still going with some kind of Under the Dome thing going on.  Smiley Happy

IDK, maybe some sort of radio frequency anomaly, alien or military activity blocking the signal causing some sort of degradation. I think they were fixated on trying to get the GEN4 system working they didnt even once suggest I revert back.
BTW I still have the 9000 and 7000S systems here in the barn for some reason. I should probably dig them out and get rid of them, since they won't commission them anymore. I do see modems on ebay. I guess people must buy them as spares?
New Poster

I dont know why they wont go backwards on systems when the Gen4 dont work, I have seen them upgrade older 7000's to 9000 but never from gen4 to 9000 except in 1 case and it was a business and he was lied to by the company that sold him the system saying he could get a static ip address but thats the only case Ive seen of it happening

Hughesnet is probably focusing on getting as many on the GEN4 systems in order to allow them to let transponder leases expire on the 7000 birds