Did you mean: 

Need Satisfaction

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Need Satisfaction

I think your right.
Assistant Professor

Hughesnet is probably focusing on getting as many on the GEN4 systems in order to allow them to let transponder leases expire on the 7000 birds
I think they would shut them all down tomorrow if they could. Wonder what the RV'ers are going to do. Every mobile solution for Ka that I've seen is outrageous in cost. Although from the looks of the some of the RVs, they can probably afford it.

Maybe 3g/4g tethering but that doesn't help way out in the boonies. Then there are the folks in Alaska who can only get Ku right now.
New Poster

I passed an RV sales place the other day and saw a Big Brown 35' monster that was was on sale for $190,000 I dont think I will be buying one anytime soon or ever. lol

sgoshe you said, Wonder what the RV'ers are going to do. Every mobile solution for Ka that I've seen is outrageous in cost. Although from the looks of the some of the RVs, they can probably afford it.

Well, sgoshe, after buying one of those big RV motorhomes they are lucky if they can afford the fuel to put in them. And if you are mobile and moving around, you're better off going with Verizon Mobile. Not sure what Ka is?

Getting DirecTV in an RV was no problem since we could adjust our dish ourselves. Don't think you can with Hughes internet.

Assistant Professor

Hi Cheryl, again very glad to hear you got taken care of so well.
The Verizon option is fine as long as you're in the coverage area. There are still plenty of out of the way places people go where there is no cell phone coverage or you have to walk up a hill to get it.
The Ka thing is the radio technology being used. The 9000 and Gen4 use Ka technology. It is a directed signal called a spot beam.
The 7000 uses Ku technology which is basically one signal spread out over a very large part of the US. People who still have the 7000 can move the dish around if they want and aim it fairly easily. That is why it has been so popular with RV users.
There's even been people who set it up at tailgate parties.
~steve

9-15-14, I was in panic mode this morning.  Smiley Wink  When I went to bed last night I had internet.... when I got up this morning, I DID NOT have internet. I was afraid to touch or reset anything till I called customer service. (case # 43752159). We reset modem and router and I'm back on line.

I did use all my allowance one day and used a token to reset. Now I only have 1 free token left. When do I get more free tokens?

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

I am showing you still have 1 complimentary token via http://services.hughesnet.com/service_tools/tokens/

You should be getting a free token every month on the 17th (your billing date), it is coming around soon.

Amanda