cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Satisfaction

Need Satisfaction

I've been having trouble with HughesNet for the past 6 months.

I was going to upgrade to Gen4, but installation kept getting passed around from installer to installer and appointments were canceled and changed by installers. I finally just canceled the order for an up grade, because of the run around and I had to take care of a sick husband..

I think I pissed them off; and now most days I can't connect to the internet unless I call them, and then I only have connection for a short time a day.

I tried again to upgrade and they try to place an order, and say there is an error on my account, and that an engineer will get back to me in 2 to 3 business days. Well, 2 weeks later nobody has gotten back to me.

I live off the grid in the middle of nowhere so, there are not a lot of options for internet service. And I've been with Hughes Net since 2006.

(Oh terrific, while I'm typing I lose internet AGAIN) I have to wait till it comes back before I can Post.

I'm thinking of just going with Verizon Wireless, the same company as my cell phone. At least their customer service is located in the United States.
96 REPLIES 96
New Poster

Re: Need Satisfaction

Cheryl the mods wont be on here till in the morning and they can look into this, could you post either a case number from your calls or the serial number from the label on the back or the bottom of the modem just dont post your SAN, but it sounds like you need you dish aligned over the years wind and other things can throw your alignment off a little and cause your service to flake out.

Hi Cheryl. I too live in the middle of nowhere. Actually, probably closer to the end of nowhere, since I don't even have cell service :-) I've had Gen4 for some time now, and I have had good results - which is not to say that there have been outages! I'd persevere with the upgrade before giving up.  Do you have a contact with the company that does installs? That would allow you to cut out Hughes tech support, which would perhaps reduce the stress.

OTOH, it might be instructive to find out why you don't have a consistent connection even with the original Hughesnet.

Charles,

My last 2 case numbers were: 43112944 and 43148364. I am not always given a case number when I call customer service and tech support, and forget to ask for a case number.

I even got an order confirmation number via e-mail of, Order Number: 7149255, Date of Order: 08/06/2014. I have gotten no phone calls, from HughesNet or an installer.

When I called back to check the status of my order, I was told there is an error on my account, they could not process the order, and that the error is on their end. They said I would get a call from an engineer. No call has come. I figured I would wait till the middle of the week, Wednesday or Thursday maybe, before making another phone call.

My dish is on a short pole, not on my roof, BTW.

New Poster

Cheryl those numbers are enough for the mods to find your account and get what ever error there is on their end straightened out. the Mods here are in the same building as the engineers so they can fix yea up, calling is going to get a direct line to a India call center and start the run around again and Im sure you dont want to have to deal with that, lol the Mods are in Germantown MD at the main HughesNet office so with them your in good hand and they will be able to fix the problem and if you still want to do the upgrade they can push it through also.

The only cell service we're able to get is Verizon Wireless. There's a tower about 3  miles away as the crow flies. The service is hit and miss if I'm on the dirt road because of low spots.

My income is very limited, I live on a small social security check, and can't afford to have a contract with an installer, if I could even find one in the middle of nowhere in eastern AZ. My original installer came from NM in 2006.

My nearest neighbor, a mile away, dropped HughesNet and went with Verizon mobile. They also dropped DirecTV and went with RabbitTV, whatever that is. Of course they aren't on the net as much as I am, or watch as much TV as my disabled husband does. Smiley Wink

Drats, as I was typing, I lost my internet AGAIN!! I can't post till it decides to come back.

Charles,

My HughesNet calls always end up in the Philippines, and you don't even know their real names, they are fake names...Chris Taylor, David Taylor... hmmm. 

Let us hope that someone in the states can get me fixed up. I wonder if they can also raise my dish pole taller, at no extra charge, if they update my service. And my nearest installer is located in NM as I'm on the AZ/NM border. You might pass that info on to the Mods.

I've been having problems for 6 months now but it has gotten worse in the last 3 weeks. My connection is down more often than it is working.

Great! now I lost connection again. It's really ticking me off big time and my bill is always paid in full. I hate paying for something I'm not getting.

Connection came back and them lost again before I could click Post.

New Poster

It does sound like your dish is out of alignment, as for raising the pole I dont know. It would probably  have to be replaced with a taller one, how tall is your? if your on the AZ/NM border then if you upgrade you will probably end up on a Gen4 HN9000 on the Spaceway Sat. because I dont believe that the new Jupiter Sat covers your area and if thats the case you might want to consider just realigning yours because with the Gen4 HN9000 you data will refill monthly and your uploads will count against your data usage as to where they dont now, but with the Gen 4 HN9000 you will get download speeds up to 5Mbps also, just something to consider if you are thinking of upgrading but Im sure the mods will be able to help you in the morning.
Associate Professor

New Poster

Charles, did we not read the top of the page, lol  she has a HN7000