cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Satisfaction

Assistant Professor

Re: Need Satisfaction

I think that would be the better long term solution Charles.

I didn't see any cracks.

New Poster

Please say you had it powered down when you were looking.

Hello Cheryl,

I understand your technician is scheduled to go out today. I have emailed their distributing company to assure them that Hughes will cover the costs of everything you need at your home. We can also assure you that if the need of an upgrade does come up, we are offering it to you for free (as a tenured customer) to your current account. This means you will not need to make a new account or lose your e-mail addresses. If we have to create another order and expedite it for tomorrow, we will do whatever is needed to get you up and running fast. We are happy to ship you the parts we have in stock for the HN7000s if a parts replacement is needed (and a technician can install them). As far as the pole height, I spoke with a few people here who stated that it should be 4.5' above the ground, with your reflector dish at least 4' off the ground. I was able to credit this with a document for our installation guidelines you can view here: http://legal.hughesnet.com/Documents/HughesNet_Residential_Installation_01-11-13.pdf

If there is an obstruction or particular problem with having the dish that low, we can have it re-installed. You may want to stand by while I receive the email back from the distributing company and their response. Rest assured, we'll make sure you are covered.

Thanks,

Amanda

Hi Cheryl,

Our distributor is going to contact the technician's office to address the pole issue, get them the equipment they need to replace your equipment and have your repair completed.

Thanks

Amanda

Cheryl the free upgrade, assuming it is Gen4 with a new dish and latest HT1100 modem, is a good deal and you will never have to worry about FAP again under normal use. But unless Amanda has cut you a special deal, you will have committed to another 2 years of service FYI.

My HN7000S setup developed a watery feedhorn and I too got the upgrade deal--Gen4 is wonderful and wildly (I'd say an order-of-magnitude i.e. 10x) better than the older system in every way.

It does appear to me that you have either a pointing problem right now or a feedhorn issue like I did--at your southern location you should have fine signal strength. Good luck!
Honorary Alumnus

Her cable dressing needs to be addressed, proper drip loops, dielect grease applied to the exteriour connectors ... proper grounding assured.
Not everyone uses their internet connection in the same manner ... going to a "non -legacy" system/plan will result in the loss of the late night "free download zone" the addition of uploads being charged against the allotment. Speed may not be the answer for everyone.

Hughes DOES have 7000 parts available, all that is needed is a repair tech that knows his business coupled with some work ethic.
New Poster

I dont believe she is in the footprint of the Jupiter Sat. so that would mean either legacy 9000 or Gen4 9000, but like Amanda mentioned they do have the 7000 parts. just may have to send them to the company thats doing the service
Honorary Alumnus

I think that Hughes would "sooner eat dirt" than offer someone a legacy 9000 plan.

The "ugly truth" is that with the 9000 "Gen4 Wannabe" Top End Connect Pro plan with 10/10 GB (including uploads) this translates into 333 MB per day time period per day or else you are going to be either in FAP for that period or buying tokens.

Yes I know that some items can be scheduled with a download manager .. emphasis on some items.

Right now a subscriber could use the late night free time to get big items ... my last Win7 update was 150 Mb on just a single machine.

If a user "messes up" with a legacy plan ... good, you paid your dues .. and the next day you are back in business ... with the monthly plans .. if you don't know how to "budget" your monthly allotment or with the increased speeds,if you have a problem .. be it on the customers end or the Hughes end .. you are soon out of business.

Just my opinion of course.

I would rather have a daily allotment with free time than a monthly allotment. And I don't want to be locked into another 24 month commitment. I've been with DirecWay/HughesNet ever since I moved to our off grid property.

The tech was supposed to be here this morning but called about an hour ago to let me know he was on his way. He should be here in another hour. And of course I was just now able to connect with the net and see everyone's comments.

Wish me luck.