cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need password

Need password

Need my password...I got an email in my "junk" mail today saying there was a problem with my Oct billing. (we got a "your bill has been generated" notice) so I assumed all was well. So I tried to go into my account by, of course, do not have the password. I tried calling when I was downlake (60 miles away from my home, where I do not have a phone, and computer) but after much talking and being on hold I was told "support" would call me right back. I was down two more days but they did not call. So I am home and still do not have a password to get to my account. The next suggestion was "Chat" but when I click it up I get "error, you can not access chat at this time". So I thought I'll just go to the pay one month link and just pay the fee but it can't  find my account. I am telling you I am here as I am online typing this to you. Could you please get me set up with a password in email or just reset it and tell me what it is will work fine as well. I just need some help right way in case it is an account problem. Thanks Rene
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Need password

So late this evening I was able to get in as far as the "pay one time" and saw that I am not behind on my bill. So whats with the weird email telling me I was and threatening to cancel service if I didn't get it paid? I am still not able to get into my account as I can't get past the password part. Not sure who changed my password but since it wasn't me I have no clue what it is. Need help getting a usable password please. Do not have a phone so can't call and "chat" still says "error" can't use chat at this time so email seems to be my only option and that works for me or it would if I could get some help with it. Sincerely, Rene 

Hi Rene,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It appears the e-mail in your junk folder was actually a fraudulent phishing e-mail attempting to get your personal information. I understand you had this same issue a few months ago, so we'd like to tread carefully on the issue of spam and malicious e-mail next time. HughesNet will never send their customers e-mail messages requesting personal information. I have changed the password on your HughesNet e-mail account to the city you live in (first letter is capitalized) and your zipcode. Please let us know if you have any trouble logging in. You are welcome to use your e-mail and new password to login to http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com and change your password under "Account Management" to a stronger password you will remember. I hope this helps you!

Thanks,
Amanda

Hello, I just tried to use my email and the new "the town I live in" password so now my email is not sending or receiving on that account. I just knew this was going to happen and I'd loose my email on this computer as well as not being. My email comes in on outlook so I tried changing it here on my outlook but makes no difference.  Any suggestions? I really do need to have my email come in here even if I can get it when I go out of the valley. 

Rene,

Can you first try and see if you can log in by clicking the Email button on home.myhughesnet.com and logging in there? To clarify the email is ji........ne@hughes.net  correct?

Thanks
Amanda

I am thinking you must have gotten my emails now but just in case...it seems to be working now and emails are coming and going. THANKS YOU! When next I go out in December I'll try to log in from out of the valley. Thank you again! Rene
Highlighted

Hi Rene,

Always a pleasure to assist! Please let us know if you ever need anything else.

Thanks
Amanda