cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative token amount

Negative token amount

I have the same problem, but I am -44 tokens!!!! Am I really going to billed for 44 tokens worth of data?? There is no way I can afford that and how did it happen? I have been getting free tokens every month for a while now and didn't realize it was putting me in the negative.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Token management.
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Negative token amount

Hi Aaron,

Welcome and thanks for posting, I can get that negative number of tokens straightened out for you. To do so, I'll send you 44 tokens to zero it out, so you may receive some e-mailed order confirmations for the complimentary tokens.

The 44 tokens were not purchased all at once, but rather a few at a time over the course of several months, so most of them have already been paid for in previous bills. If you check your Status Meter, either the installed program, in the Support Center, or in the System Control Center, you will see that there are no token bytes left; they've all been used up. 

Could you please clarify how you were getting "free" tokens? Your account history doesn't indicate any complimentary tokens issued to you by our customer service reps.

You can purchase tokens via the Status Meter program like so:

Please ensure there are no unauthorized users on your computer who may be purchasing tokens without your knowledge.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi Aaron,

Just letting you know that you're now back at zero. A before and after shot of your token balance:

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

I do see the balance states '0' now instead of the negative number. As far as how I was getting them, was by having bought my fair share of bonus bytes to get through the end of the month, I will randomly see the options to claim prepaid/ free tokens. So I have been redeeming them as they appear in the token purchase options. Usually it has been letting me claim several at a time of 2Gb to 5Gb in total at the 500mb tokens each, each month. I was not sure why I was getting them and have looked at several articles in the past which stated that Hughesnet will run random promotions or free credits to accounts for various reasons. This made me think it was normal and was not concerned about it after that, until I looked at the token management on the 'dashboard' page and saw the negative token amount. I have been using the status meter windows application almost exclusively for purchasing and or claiming tokens and it does not let you see the free and prepaid amounts like on the website. It only lets you claim any if they are available.

I would also like to ask if I should be accepting further free or prepaid tokens in the event they pop up again? I appreciate the free data and do not have complaints about the purchasing of tokens, but if I should not be claiming these due to a system glitch or error that is happening, then I am fine NOT claiming them and could just contact Hughesnet if and/ or when more show up again before I accept to make sure it is ok and there are no issues. I do not wish to use data that I should not be using or get myself into a large bill one day by owing money for such occurrences.

I am going to be honest and say the Hughesnet customer service over the phone can be a challenge to deal with, but I just tried this forum the other day and have a very positive experience from it so far. So thank you for the previous help as well as any further info or suggestions you have for me.

Good morning Aaron, 

Could you please provide a screenshot of what it is you're seeing and clicking on to redeem these free tokens?

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Well the buttons are not located in the status meter all the time, it is only unless it is wanting me to claim them. After I claim the maximum amount that it will let me, it goes back to not having them. That is why it took me a while to realize I was racking up negative amounts. My status meter does not have the free and prepaid token information in it and only shows the claim buttons when available (as previous stated). I am posting (2) pictures. One is a screenshot that I took just now, where there is no claim options for the prepaid tokens. The second picture is the exact same as the first, but I did a mock up edit (poorly too, in windows paint) of approximately what the status meter shows when I am able to click on purchase tokens and there are  prepaid/free tokens available (so it appeared).

(Please note that this image is edited and text/ colors or other images have been added to the original and is meant only to be used as a reference)
Associate Professor

That definitely could of been what happened, but I don't think I've clicked it 44 times. It's hard to say though, because I was getting the prepaid or free token option monthly up until this month, where I have not seen it populate yet. Each time it appeared I was able to claim 2-5 GB total though so maybe it could of added up to that much.
Associate Professor

Yeah... Try to avoid doing that... I sent a message to a few people... again... Maybe this time if they relay the message it will get "fixed" >.>