Net suddenly went down

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cinnamonroll
Freshman

Net suddenly went down

Net went down randomly a few minutes ago. I accessed the control area with 192.168.0.1 it says it is updating but i got the same code i had laat time 2.1.1 the only lights that are on is the power lan and Wi-Fi lights.
28 REPLIES 28
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Cinnamonroll 

If you haven't already, I would try power cycling the modem.  That's unplugging it, waiting for at least 60 seconds, then plugging it back in.  Then wait about five minutes, which gives the modem time to be fully back up and ready, and then check to see if you can get online.

Hopefully the power cycle will fix it.

cybercycle1
Junior

I have experienced the same situation where my internet went down suddenly.  I have already tried to re-cycle my Gen5 modem without having my internet restored.

Internet went out, tried to unplug and reset. No luck. Has anyone contacted Hughes? I came here first to see if it was isolated problem, but I see it is not. Goodluck all!
GabeU

@LarryBama 

If you're having issues with your service, please start a new topic in Tech Support, which you can do here.  

Please do not reset your HughesNet modem unless instructed to do so by a HughesNet rep, and then only in the manner they instruct.  Resetting the modem incorrectly or under the wrong circumstance can actually cause more harm than good.

Thx, Gabe. It has since come back online. And, I only took steps that were recommended in the booklet i recieved at the time of install with my modem, so no worries 🙂 thx again!
GabeU

@LarryBama wrote:
Thx, Gabe. It has since come back online. And, I only took steps that were recommended in the booklet i recieved at the time of install with my modem, so no worries 🙂 thx again!

Interesting.  

Glad it's working again.  🙂  

The system is back up after a fairly long Gen5 modem power re-cycling.  A program update eventually was "triggered" and during the update  there was a state code"14.1.3 -- A device connectivity issue is detected".  That code keeps popping up, but it apparently has not taken the internet back down. Anyway, I'm up and running again.

@cybercycle1 wrote:

A program update eventually was "triggered" and during the update  there was a state code"14.1.3 -- A device connectivity issue is detected".  That code keeps popping up, but it apparently has not taken the internet back down.  

That code is usually triggered by a device itself having connection issues or a LAN cable having problems.  If you have any LAN cable devices I'd make sure to check the cables to ensure there's nothing wrong with them and that they're firmly "clicked" in place.  You may even want to restart your devices to in order to restart the network adapters in them.

Glad the system is back up.  🙂  When I first read your post I misread it as saying that it had happened in the past, but not now.

@GabeU wrote:

@cybercycle1 wrote:

A program update eventually was "triggered" and during the update  there was a state code"14.1.3 -- A device connectivity issue is detected".  That code keeps popping up, but it apparently has not taken the internet back down.  

That code is usually triggered by a device itself having connection issues or a LAN cable having problems.  If you have any LAN cable devices I'd make sure to check the cables to ensure there's nothing wrong with them and that they're firmly "clicked" in place.  You may even want to restart your devices to in order to restart the network adapters in them.

Glad the system is back up.  🙂  When I first read your post I misread it as saying that it had happened in the past, but not now.

Good advice...just to add a bit of additional info, I was connected directly to the modem.  I'll check those cables connected to the modem and if any are loose, I'll chalk it up to the small earth quakes we recently "enjoyed".  Stay safe, Gabe!

@cybercycle1 wrote:

The system is back up after a fairly long Gen5 modem power re-cycling.  A program update eventually was "triggered" and during the update  there was a state code"14.1.3 -- A device connectivity issue is detected".  That code keeps popping up, but it apparently has not taken the internet back down. Anyway, I'm up and running again.

I had another sudden "net down" this morning.  Within about an hour my state code switched from 12.7.1 (transmit problem) and 30.1.1 (web acceleration in back off state) and that kept repeating which also included web acceleration down.  In the midst of all that, another software download was triggered (had another software download yesterday).  Note, I checked all cables inside and outside (at the radio and the ground)...all connections appeared fine.  Not sure if HugesNet had maintenance or other system issues this morning which would cause this problem?  Also, there are no weather issues to report in my part of Tennessee.  At the moment my state code is 0.0.0.  Any HughesNet activity that may have caused this issue?

You may want to start your own ticket, as this is Cinnammonroll's ticket and the HN reps here tend to want to deal with one ticket at a time.  You can copy your content and paste it into a new ticket (go to the Tech Support page and click on "Start a topic").

@cybercycle1 wrote:

I had another sudden "net down" this morning.  Within about an hour my state code switched from 12.7.1 (transmit problem) and 30.1.1 (web acceleration in back off state) and that kept repeating which also included web acceleration down.  In the midst of all that, another software download was triggered (had another software download yesterday).  Note, I checked all cables inside and outside (at the radio and the ground)...all connections appeared fine.  Not sure if HugesNet had maintenance or other system issues this morning which would cause this problem?  Also, there are no weather issues to report in my part of Tennessee.  At the moment my state code is 0.0.0.  Any HughesNet activity that may have caused this issue?

@maratsade wrote:

You may want to start your own ticket, as this is Cinnammonroll's ticket and the HN reps here tend to want to deal with one ticket at a time.  You can copy your content and paste it into a new ticket (go to the Tech Support page and click on "Start a topic").

@cybercycle1 wrote:

You are correct,,,,I don't typically "steal" a thread, but thought keeping similar issues experienced by other customers might be helpful.  I've posted a separate ticket.

I don't see your new topic... 

cybercycle1 wrote:

You are correct,,,,I don't typically "steal" a thread, but thought keeping similar issues experienced by other customers might be helpful.  I've posted a separate ticket.

@maratsade wrote:

I don't see your new topic... 

cybercycle1 wrote:

I don't either....I wrote it up and hit post.  

Guess it just isn't my day!  I'll try again...

Amazing how you can post just fine for this thread. LOL

Good luck!

cybercycle1 wrote:

I don't either....I wrote it up and hit post.  

Guess it just isn't my day!  I'll try again...

Cinnamonroll
Freshman

Did a power cycle and didnt work ill try again
maratsade

The official HughesNet reps on this site may have to run remote diagnostics to see what's going on.

Cinnamonroll wrote:
Did a power cycle and didnt work ill try again

Possibly hopefully they can fix it remotely without having to send a person out.
GabeU

@Cinnamonroll wrote:
Possibly hopefully they can fix it remotely without having to send a person out.

It's possible that a fix may be able to be remotely effected, but they won't know for sure until they're able to remotely see what's wrong.  But...hopefully.  

I'll tag a couple of reps so that you still experiencing the problem doesn't get lost within the other replies.  

@Liz @Remy 

Yes im still experiencing the no net thing thank you hopefully they'll get to see to it