Net suddenly went down

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cinnamonroll
Freshman

Net suddenly went down

Net went down randomly a few minutes ago. I accessed the control area with 192.168.0.1 it says it is updating but i got the same code i had laat time 2.1.1 the only lights that are on is the power lan and Wi-Fi lights.
28 REPLIES 28

@Cinnamonroll,

Thank you for contacting us again. After running the diagnostics, I see that there are rain showers accompanied by lightning in your area, which may be causing this issue directly. The 2.1.1 state code appears when the satellite is unable to communicate with your dish outside. This can happen due to damaged or loose cords, weather such as cloud coverage/rain or strong wind, and damage to the dish itself. Unless any of these seem relevant to your specific issue, our only indicator is the weather in your area. I would like to run live diagnostics once the service returns to check for any underlying issues, as this is not always possible to detect when there is no communication at all. Alternatively, we can send a technician out, however, if it is determined that this is indeed a weather issue, the technician will have no repair to perform. I do apologize for this inconvenience and we will do what we can to support you with this, based on what you decide. 

-Damian 

It isnt raining it is sliggtly cloudly but we have no rain in our area

I've also power cycled and rebooted it a lot. And it still wont fully come up. Just the power lan and Wi-Fi lights pop up. I can connect via 192.168.0.1 idk what to do anymore, i have my family riding my butt which is stressing me out.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You may need to request a tech to see if they can figure out what the problem is. Be aware there's a fee (I think it's $125).

I hope not as i have the insurance for tech visits.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Oh, cool! In that case, you should reply to Damian and tell him if you would like a tech to visit. He seems to be waiting for you to tell him how you want to proceed. 

Cinnamonroll wrote:
I hope not as i have the insurance for tech visits.

@Damian i sent you a private message

@Cinnamonroll,

Thank you for sending me that private message. I have responded with details regarding a technician. Once I receive a response I will continue with the next steps. 

-Damian