cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetGuard bandwidth daily setting

New Poster

NetGuard bandwidth daily setting

Question for those using this program.  Ok I downloaded and installed NetGuard.  Help?  I am on a daily bandwidth allowance.  NetGuard is a monthly program.  Can I set NetGuard to a daily usage allowance?  Can't quite figure this out.  
13 REPLIES 13
Honorary Alumnus

Re: NetGuard bandwidth daily setting

I'm on my Nook right now so I can't bring up the program but if you right click the programs systray icon, select settings, you should be able to tell ir to exclude late night free zone usage and set a daily usage limit alarm notification and you will be able to see your daily usage along with weekly and monthly totals.
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

yorky time,

Here are some screenshots that may help.

Net Guard "main page" details:

You can view a single day in a graph here:

You can get details of what program or process used what by creating a "statement".

That statement period can be defined as only a single day or any custom period you need.

Statement example:

New Poster

Gwalk900,  Thank you so much for these instructions.  I was lost so stopped playing with the program.....now will go back and try again.   I have been trying to find a program that will tell me the total usage per day of all computers.  I have my computer on the wireless network and so does husband.  At odd times one of our computers goes crazy with an auto update that we forgot to reset.....or one of us leaves a news page open that eats up a lot of daily allowance.  NetGuard program seems to be the easiest to use so far.  We just have to install it on our separate computers.  thanks again.
Honorary Alumnus

Remember that Net Guard will only record the usage on the machine it is installed on. Multiple computers will require multiple installations.
Net Guard is a great tool for "putting a name" on a program or process that that uses more than expected. Unfortunately it won't catch the other wireless devices that could sneak in and steal data through your routers wireless connection.
There are routers that can record all the data that runs through them but they tend to be a bit pricey .. in the area of $200+.

I think sgoshe just bought one .. he has posted some screenshots, perhaps he will chime in with some advice.
New Poster

Thanks Gwalk.  Yes I was looking for a program that would monitor the wireless network.  Found out my router is too old.  I surely will looking into a better router when this one bites the dust.  I understand about installing on all computers..we only have two machines running most of the time and a third one occasionally.  No other devices so NetGuard should be okay for us.  Yes we would like to identify what program is draining the usage allowance.  

We learned a long time ago to turn off auto updates on every program.  Unlike other people we are perfectly happy with our 250 mb daily allowance with the additional bank of another 250 mb.  Hughes serves us well.  I've read all the complaints and just shake my head.  It is clear these customers have never lived in the boonies!.  LOL  Doing without is/was a fact of life for us.  Gosh we had to get a 12 dish in 1980 just to get decent TV before Directv.  We barely have cell phone service.....it comes and goes.  Hughes has served us very well.  I am sorry to see so many that are dissatisfied.  As I said....it is very apparent they have never had to live with NO TV, no internet, no cable, no DSL, no cell phone......nothing nada just a land line phone and a 300 baud modem!!!! (back in the day)  Whenever I've had connection issues Hughes (mods on this forum) have been so helpful.  I'm a happy camper just to be able to reach out to the world on a daily basis.  LOL  
Assistant Professor

Got mine for $79, love, love it! Hi Gwalk!

And yes, I can now see usage by every device on my network.

Assistant Professor

Oh the days of 12 foot dishes!

Many don't understand how far satellite internet has come. I blame HughesNet marketing and sales people for most of the complaints and dissatisfaction.
New Poster

ok sgoshe,  What brand and what model router.  Sounds like we need to check it out.  love your dancing Santa.
New Poster

oh I loved my BIG dish.  There was so much more than the subscription service offered.  As the dish companies began to drop channels we were forced to move to Directv.  It's ok.  

Oh those commericals on TV make me laugh.  Such bull they promise in those ads.  I know they cannot deliver what they are promising.  darinda